Active Topics

At last, a competitor with an 800x480 screen.

http://www.modaco.com/content/pocket...-htc-touch-hd/

Would be really interesting if it wasn't sold with WinMo.

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Sacramento, California
No D-Pad seems like 70% of current applications wouldn't work properly. Maybe I missed something about a tilt sensor. Still it looks sweet but that Internet experience will be lacking as it always is on WinMo.

with the touch interface, you really don't need a d-pad. I never use the d-pad on my htc mogul - it's either all by finger touch, or stylus when I use it.

winmo 6.1 is pretty nice, actually. maybe not quite as "hackable" as a linux distro, but for most users, its a lot easier to use, and install apps on.

the cool thing about HTC, is the very large user community. There are a number of modified and custom ROMs for my device that improve performance and features, while stripping away the bloatware that comes with winmo and the carrier ROMs. and at least for me, 3rd party apps are easier to come by for winmo than for maemo.

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Gainesville, FL
So....this hardware with Android? Anyone? Especially since, in light of Ari's recent revelations regarding the inclusion of HSDPA, this is more of a head to head with the (hopefully) soon to be announced n900.

Internet experience won't be lacking if you use Skyfire...it has Flash built-in with plugins!

Wow, that looks very interesting. Decent camara, shame there is no flash on there. Other than that, might be tempting to go back to a single device again.

Does it have a "Hard" Touch Screen Suface like the iPhone ?

You guys had any real hands on time with Win Mob 6.1 ?

My last device was a HTC Universal. Hice hardware, but I found WinMob was too flakely. e.g. A call comes in and it takes ages before the phone bothers to start ringing. By the time you notice it and locate/grab the phone the caller has gone onto voicemail...

Also, I think I could live without the keyboard if they roll out something like ShapeWriter or Swype (having played with something similar on my Tablet PC).

Zuber

Been googling around. best link for those wanting to know more about it liiks like :

http://htchd.com/

I guess it makes sense given the URL.

Zuber

Just announced, Touch HD not coming to US, thats too bad I was seriously considering this device.

Posts: 204 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Berlin, Germany
Probably it will come to US later with Android (rumor, sorry: in German only here)

I'm gearing up for the purchase. as soon as it hits the UK shelves (without stupid markups).

Sold the N810. Next is the N82. That + a few extra notes should cover it.

I'll report back my findings...

Zuber

The Following User Says Thank You to Zuber For This Useful Post: