Posts: 178 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Texas
It sends a sms. i didnt ask me either I have to pay for sms. luckily I had tmobile block all sms to and from my phone. I like nokia but this is just stupid.

The Following User Says Thank You to Cobra For This Useful Post:
Posts: 209 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
I haven't subscibed my nokia. When I clicked unsubscibe I got a SMS from Nokia that the unsubscription did't work. Kinda strange.

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ space coast
well, you can't unsubscribe from something you did not subscribe to in the first place

Posts: 190 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Bavaria, Germany
Subscribe and unsubscribe always send an sms at your cost.

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 156 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Yorkshire
Regardless of whether a notification does/doesn't appear, it's still not very clear that Nokia are doing this.

Upon first use of your device and after you have updated the Nokia device software an activation text message will be sent to Nokia.
To provide you with the services described above your mobile number, device serial number and mobile subscription identifiers will be sent to Nokia upon first use of the device.
I'm sorry, but stuff like this should be in big red letters. Not burried within T&Cs.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to xmob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 61 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Manchester, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by xmob View Post
I'm sorry, but stuff like this should be in big red letters. Not burried within T&Cs.
Sorry to step in here but Nokia didn't break any laws.

This thread suggests that they are "breaching" some privacy agreement. The true argument is that their Terms should be clearer with what data they use and when they take it.

Moreover, your details are already held with your mobile provider, I'm sure a massive corporation such as Nokia has adequate policies and safeguards and would not sell on your data and risk bad publicity.

The Following User Says Thank You to cazzajay For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
i think they've just 'done' every one during the excitement of updating!
i know i just hit yes yes yes to skip it all quickly, i always do, maybe were all gonna get a 250euro bill for the update fee!

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Manchester, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by leetut View Post
i think they've just 'done' every one during the excitement of updating!
i know i just hit yes yes yes to skip it all quickly, i always do, maybe were all gonna get a 250euro bill for the update fee!
Well, I guess we'll just have to see if Nokia start sending us junk texts offering cheap meds or enlargements...

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 156 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Yorkshire
Originally Posted by cazzajay View Post
The true argument is that their Terms should be clearer with what data they use and when they take it.
Isn't that what I just said?

Originally Posted by cazzajay View Post
Moreover, your details are already held with your mobile provider.
Yes, but I gave explicit, informed permission for them to hold my details. They need those details to offer me a service. Nokia don't NEED my details to allow my to own a mobile phone.

I'm not saying that Nokia have broken any laws, but they have certainly broken my trust.

The Following User Says Thank You to xmob For This Useful Post:
Wouldn't be suprised if it re-activates after the pr-1.2 update to confirm how many devices are switching over,

either way i had this when i purchased the device, and its here again now, i dont really care.

Some of you may feel unsafe, but to be fair, they can't really get much from a freshly flashed (Well in my case anyway.)