Posts: 279 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Holland
What did you all expect? With the former killing spree of Nokia's CEO'ism, board directory surfing, pants-pissing for warmth in February, whilse many talented employees rahter jump ship instead of working for a dead end, the burning platform. Nokia made only bad decisions last 12 monhs and some years before that as well (exceptions existed back then). 9 out of 10 people reading this post would have made a better CEO for this handset maker.

I like the device a heck lot so I'll buy it if I ever get the chance, but I have no hope nor pity nor expectations for Nokia anymore. Luckily the Nokias I own are all good and thus exceptions for the rule, and I feel like the N9 will complete that list for me And there is where I stop the Neggayada, bring it on this N9

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I need to start a rage thread.

Yeah. That's what I need. Just pure rage. ericsson is invited. I need a village idiot to yell at.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by lemmyslender View Post
@ ericsson

Please print out the following quote, go to the nearest mirror, and read it.

Your recent denial of the truth in this thread and constant predictions that despite all the evidence, the N9 will apparently be the single best selling phone ever, are clearly indicative that by your own definition, you are a fanboy.

Please face the facts, the N9 is DOA and the odds of another device from Nokia running MeeGo are very slim indeed.
My point was that there is no way on the face of the earth that WP-Nokia will outsell the N9, at least not in 2012. The N9 is sold world wide. I am sure "world wide" means nothing to you, but it is all the land outside of North America as far as the N9 is concerned.

The N9 is dead in the US, that is all, and it means nothing for the N9 as it wouldn't sell in the US no matter what.

I and millions and millions of other will purchase the N9, we will enjoy it, we will smile and be happy, the sun is shining. What are you going to do? I know, you are going to pretend the N9 doesn't exist, you (and many more) has already started that exercise. It is pathetic.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
WP7 is pretty dead in the US. 1.2% share dude. Seriously.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I need to start a rage thread.

Yeah. That's what I need. Just pure rage. ericsson is invited. I need a village idiot to yell at.
I will come, just wait a month, so I can bring my N9 That way I will be a beacon in the utter darkness, and you will be green of envy

This thread makes no difference and is filled with a wide spectrum of speculative projections. As far as it is concerned, the N9 won't be widely available is a fact. The support behind the OS is flaky to non-existent is a fact. The HW being overpriced will be a confirmed fact. Lastly the marketing behind the phone has already been lackluster which is a fact even though the phone was received with wide fanfare. As far as products go, there really is no future vision for the platform which is a fact.

The BB Bold 9900 has comparable if not better specs ... although it is an apples to oranges type of comparison. But the Bold will cost around $549CAD, so this means it is priced more competitively then the already outdated specs of the N9.

Now any sane person looking for miracles would still be hard pressed to conceive the notion that the N9 will be a commercial success reaching in the millions. But then again I also see it with the potential of reaching a million when all is done, but nothing gang busters ... but this all counts on the type of commitment Nokia is willing to put behind it which is not reassuring at this time.

If the people in the region especially those in Finland want to make a stance ... buy the N9 as part of an expensive demonstration, but I guess life is rarely a Disney movie.

But... What if there is no "millions and millions" pieces to sell?

If Nokia would really like to sell this jewell, then where is marketing?

There are not many people, beside us, who know the existence of N9...

Why Nokia "shutdown -now" scandinavian swipe-servers?

What is this radio-silenzio? Is this good marketing?

"What is this s..t häppening..."?

The Following User Says Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Yeah. The N9 is just a bi-thought. Take it for what it is, not for what it could have been. If you want one, great, but it's going to be an effort to get it. If you don't want one, good for you, Nokia and you are in total agreement.

Posts: 151 | Thanked: 178 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ SF Bay Area
Nokia is poor at marketing - at least here in the US. I bought my N900 without benefit of Nokia's marketing dept.

Back in the day I bought my 7710 on-line and it was drop-shipped from Singapore. The 9300 I bought, after the 7710, had spanish silk screened keys. Me da igual.

I actually bought the N8 from Nokia's online store. Not an experience I'll repeat.

So, when the N9 does turn up somewhere, I'll find some way to buy it. Why? Not because I'm such a fan of how Nokia treats me. Because it's the phone that will come closest to an upgrade from the N900.

And I've tried the N8 and the E7 - and spent quite some time with a variety of Samsung/HTC Android phones.

Last edited by kjmackey; 2011-08-11 at 01:39. Reason: Correct my Spanish - it's been too long

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
Originally Posted by catbus View Post
Maybe Eldar was right... only 92 000 pieces of jewels...
That´s what I´m starting to get afraid of.....

23000 of each variation.

Pink 16GB
Blue 16GB
Black 16GB
Black 64GB

It seems Nokia won´t sell the pink/red one in Europe, two retailers have told me that and I´ve noticed that the pink one has disappeared from cdon.se/.no/.dk

Tags
bada rox, buysomethinelse, facepalm(tm), galactus, goodbye nokia, just stop, n9 rox