Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
It is official. Alien dalvik to come to the N9 later this year not that I care one bit, but I know that lots of people do.

http://www.gsmarena.com/alien_dalvik...-news-2813.php

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
It is official. Alien dalvik to come to the N9 later this year not that I care one bit, but I know that lots of people do.

http://www.gsmarena.com/alien_dalvik...-news-2813.php
don't mean to spoil the fun but gsmarena took it from slashgear who is late in posting news that got announced February.

Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
Any chance that N9 port of Alien Dalvic be open sourced one and hence we can backport it to n900?

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
This was announced for the N900 also. Nothing happened.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by Kozzi View Post
don't mean to spoil the fun but gsmarena took it from slashgear who is late in posting news that got announced February.
I have seen this one before as well. But now it is official, Alien Dalvik on the N9 is a fact, not a theoretical hope

Posts: 380 | Thanked: 459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Slovenia
I'll believe it when i see it.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to olympus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
This is not news. I have been reading about that for ages(or at least months ) . Same here belive it when I see it on my own phone.

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Italy
While I appreciate the link and the informations provided, I think this should be treated as a rumor at best.
The source of gsmarena is slashgear, the source of slashgear is a tweet from @stroughtonsmith:

"Reminder (for myself, and others) - the Nokia N9/N950 can run Android apps too (courtesy of Alien Dalvik). I think that's an important point"
"@NienorGT not quite; a MeeGo/Maemo phone can. It was demoed on an N900, and I presume they're porting it to MeeGo"

He's presuming that Alien Dalvik will be ported to MeeGo... nothing more.

Originally Posted by olympus View Post
I'll believe it when i see it.
agreed...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cassio For This Useful Post:
Posts: 66 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Brighton
It's being marketed as a porting technology, not an end-user app. Devs need to buy the product and use it to port their Android app.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darkshine For This Useful Post:
Posts: 311 | Thanked: 376 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Hungary
As I wrote before, at this point Nokia view Android as a mayor competition; therefore they want nothing to do with it, they have WP7. Since WP7 apps wont run on meego, why should Adroid apps? Besides if running Android apps is a mayor feature, you have to provide a way to your users to buy those apps. I seriously doubt Google would let N9 into Android market. So while it is certanly possible to run android apps on N9 I see no reason why Nokia would invest into buying the technology (if not to shut down the project before it hurts their own interest: WP7).

Tags
damned lies, dukenukem4eva, flying pigs, n9 = ugly, vapourware