Notices

Hi all,

I succesfully installed kerberos client software on my N900. I get a valid ticket from a kerberos server.

The Problem:
I have no kerberized SSH application that can use GSSAPI authenication. I remember on my Debian machine I needed first to install ssh-krb5 that kerberized my ssh. I am not sure weather this is an own application or it just overrides the standard configuration of the ssh application.

Does someone have any hints how to configure openssh for kerberos or does someone know some ssh app with enabled kerberos support?

Any hint or help is very much appreciated.

Thanks and cheers,

Erik

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 224 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Africa
OpenSSH needs to be built with Kerberos support, or you have no chance. A typical ssh binary with GSSAPI support on a linux distro looks like this:

$ ldd /usr/bin/ssh|grep krb
libgssapi_krb5.so.2 => /usr/lib64/libgssapi_krb5.so.2 (0x00007fc96c61c000)
libkrb5.so.3 => /usr/lib64/libkrb5.so.3 (0x00007fc96c347000)
libkrb5support.so.0 => /usr/lib64/libkrb5support.so.0 (0x00007fc96b789000)

Last I checked, the openssh packages in extras were not linked to libkrb5.

I would appreciate an openssh with GSSAPI support ...

OK, I understand. So the only change is to ask if someone has build already an openssh with kerberos support or built it myself. As a newby I guess I need to start with the SDK installation?

This is somehow funny as there is krb5 in the repo but no supported ssh.

Right now I managed to install the armel version of the openssh-client from debian lenny. This is dirty as there are of course dependency problems. So from now on I always need to remove that package before I can make an upgrade to the system.

So if somebody knows how to compile a commandline application with some specific old version of libraries that are as well installed on my n900, please give me hints. The Maemo SDK as far as I read is only for 32 bit so not for me. It must be much simpler than to port some gui-app but I am totally new to that cross compiling stuff. Thanks for help