Notices

Originally Posted by belanger View Post
How does the TI86 emulation work? The TI85 comes up, but I don't know how to change it to an 86.

There is a version of x48 running on my n800, which seems to work fine for me. It's at
http://yannbng.free.fr/Maemo/x48_0.4.3_armel.deb, a link I got from
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ht=hp48&page=2

Jay
Thanks Jay, I have x48 but it's too slow to use. It also needs to be modified to work in landscape mode like AlmostTI85. Anyone willing to take this project on?

Originally Posted by belanger View Post
How does the TI86 emulation work? The TI85 comes up, but I don't know how to change it to an 86.
There is a separate "ATI86" icon in the menu to start the TI86 mode.

The Following User Says Thank You to fms For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by El Amir View Post
I have just a little request, do you think it would be possible to make the calculator close it self when " [2nd] + ON " is clicked? It would make it even more realistic!
Dunno yet. I have tried that and failed so far.

Ah - so that was the Esc key - silly me this works a treat - a BIG thanks for this great app!

Is there a way to install additional apps on the TI 86 emulator? Textas Instruments still has a large repository of apps on their ftp ( ftp://ftp.ti.com/pub/graph-ti/calc-apps/86/ ) and there are even more apps at http://www.ticalc.org/pub/86/ .
Also I have some apps written on my old TI 86 which I want to upload to the emulator.
On a real TI86 I would use the serial port for this. But what is the serial port equivalent of the TI 86 emulator?

Last edited by iskarion; 2009-02-10 at 19:52.

Originally Posted by iskarion View Post
Is there a way to install additional apps on the TI 86 emulator?
Not yet. Coming later.

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ the end of my rope
Ahh, the TI85. In high school I soldered up a dongle that connected the TI85 to a dos computer (I think) in order to load up tetris on my TI85.

Funny thing is, although I've done no hardware tinkering with my n800, my gadget geekdom went entirely dormant until I got my NIT. Now it is alive and well.

Another nice feature would be if the emulator could retain the memory content when closing the application. Like the real TI86 does when switching off the device. Currently e.g. writing programs on the TI86 emulator is a bit pointless as everything is lost after an application restart.

Originally Posted by iskarion View Post
Another nice feature would be if the emulator could retain the memory content when closing the application. Like the real TI86 does when switching off the device. Currently e.g. writing programs on the TI86 emulator is a bit pointless as everything is lost after an application restart.
This feature is also coming.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fms For This Useful Post:
The new ATI85 version 1.2 is now available from Extras! Changes:

* Added TI83 emulation.
* Added TI83+ emulation (needs some debugging).
* Now exiting when [2nd][ON] is pressed.
* Now preserving emulation state between runs.

As always, the TI83 faceplate image has been created by Andrew Zhilin (wazd).

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fms For This Useful Post: