I have a problem i installed this and it worked the first time but when you reboot it doesnt work anymore, if i uninstall it and install it again it works again is there a solution for this???

Posts: 86 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Moscow
Same thing as Changegames has. Shows subtitles after installing, but no subs for ever after reboot.

Originally Posted by javiermon View Post
I had to uninstall the extra package because it made the media player slower while playing music.

If I played music with this package installed and the n900 blocked, pressing the power button (to show the unlock screen) would halt the music for a few seconds. This happened even afer rebooting the device and even when I unchecked the show subtitles option in the applet.

The process mafw-gst-subtitles-... is always running even when not playing videos.
Actually, if you press the power button while playing music with this package installed (subtitles support from extras) the music will stop for a short moment and then continue. Happens to me all the time. It's a shame because it's a nice addition to default media player.

Originally Posted by javiermon View Post
Actually, if you press the power button while playing music with this package installed (subtitles support from extras) the music will stop for a short moment and then continue. Happens to me all the time. It's a shame because it's a nice addition to default media player.
Added bug:

https://garage.maemo.org/tracker/ind...1248&atid=4688

Posts: 86 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Moscow
Just wanted to say that on another n900 subs do work. The only app i did not installed on this new device was maemo-connectivity but it's hard to think that it could be related to a mediaplayer problem.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
beware subtitles app add on has bug in it. It causes the Media Player to pause and stutter when locking and unlocking, screen dimming and when pressed the power button. So installed at your own risk

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
After fruitlessly trying to get the subs to work in Media Player, KMPlayer, etc. I decided to settle for the CL-option; mplayer, retrieved via apt-get. works like a charm with the -sub option. I did have to uninstall the regular subs-support as it (I think) caused a lot of of delay displaying the subs in mplayer. After I uninstalled that the subs were running in sync again.

Thank god for the tab in xterm...

Posts: 676 | Thanked: 1,067 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Kyiv, Ukraine
Can you use Python module in C?
(just run .py script with arguments)
If so, I'm proposing to try use Periscope for subtitles download:
http://code.google.com/p/periscope/issues/detail?id=47

Originally Posted by sashabe View Post
Same thing as Changegames has. Shows subtitles after installing, but no subs for ever after reboot.
Same thing here, anything new on this subject?

/Per

for the people who got problem with Subtitles Support mine works now with the default media player even when i turn it off, after reflashing my n900 but i use the n900-flasher-installer so i dont know if it got anything to do with that...

Last edited by Changegames; 2010-10-24 at 19:49.

Tags
lyrics music, media player