Originally Posted by beli View Post
I had some problems with the update. Two times I tried to install it from the App Manager, it downloaded it, then clicked continue to install, but then the device rebooted sw_rst. I was low on battery so I had the USB cable put in while installing.

When I tried without cable but then it said: not enough battery life to install update.

So then I just charged it for a while, disconnected the device and tried again. Third time it actually installed.
Isn't it quite obvious to charge the device full before doing updates?

The Following User Says Thank You to Venomrush For This Useful Post:
Posts: 395 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ India
Currently downloading update..excited

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Originally Posted by cocayden View Post
Settings for tv out are lost with the update. Mine was returned to NTSC from PAL.
Just checked mine - no such issue, stayed on PAL for me. Did you do a backup prior to update? If you've used previous versions of Maemo you'll understand how this works.

I have no update available. That's weird since I live in Italy and other italians already downloaded the update... Could it be a problem with other software installed?

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ North-west, UK
Updated OK over the air (UK, MPD on Voda.). My theme was reset from the default blue to the other official orange, other than that, fine.

Last edited by tomchiverton; 2010-01-11 at 11:36.

Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
Just checked mine - no such issue, stayed on PAL for me. Did you do a backup prior to update? If you've used previous versions of Maemo you'll understand how this works.
I haven't use previous versions of Maemo before. You mean the update will restore the latest backup?

Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
i have not got the update in my app manager.
Anyone with UK device got the update ?
Yep - no issues so far.

connect to NSU - will work fine. UK and it downloaded for me early this morning.

Originally Posted by ihmemies View Post
Who is the first brave one to update? Havent had a single problen in current version, so gonna wait a moment and see what happens.
Nothing wrong so far with UK device. If yo ugrab a version of the flash image for your current version and run a backup prior to update then you should be able to get back to the current situation if needed though.

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ North-west, UK
Originally Posted by famusc View Post
I have no update available. That's weird since I live in Italy and other italians already downloaded the update... Could it be a problem with other software installed?
Unlikely. Wait at least 24 hours and then come back if it's still not there :-)

Tags
firmware, firmware update, minor update, n900, ota, pr1.0.1, ssu, update