Notices

Posts: 266 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Another update: http://mikeasoft.com/~mike/harbour-c...-9.armv7hl.rpm

* Handles temporary network disconnections a little better (still not perfectly, but it no longer gets stuck back at the login screen)
* Adds support for offline playlists .

P.S.
Many thanks for the various donations, your support means a lot. When I get back into "work" mode your donations will allow me to spend a few days working full time on CuteSpotify (currently I'm just hacking around in spare moments while on holiday). And any time in the future that donations build up to a similar level I'll also take a few days off from doing stuff for "normal" clients to work on stuff for Sailfish and MeeGo .

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Elleo For This Useful Post:
Will CuteSpotify be available at Jolla store in near future?

Is the service that handles the "Radio" feature exposed via libspotify?

Originally Posted by JulmaHerra View Post
Will CuteSpotify be available at Jolla store in near future?
I'll probably try submitting it once I've polished off a couple of the remaining bugs, I'm not sure that it'll be accepted with the current method of handling volume though, it really needs this bug fixing on the Sailfish side to be implemented properly: https://together.jolla.com/question/...-qmediaplayer/

Originally Posted by TomMettam View Post
Is the service that handles the "Radio" feature exposed via libspotify?
Unfortunately not, it seems that there used to be support but it was removed in version 11 due to changes in the radio back end. If it ever gets reinstated I'll see about adding radio support.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Elleo For This Useful Post:
Any plans for making it to work with non premium accounts?

The Following User Says Thank You to pikejake For This Useful Post:
Donated; so cool that this is already available; especially with the poor support of media transfer between Mac OS X and Jolla phone.

Quick UI bug: the Available offline selection is getting overlapped by the title of the playlist.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by pikejake View Post
Sorry, that's completely out of my control, you'd have to lobby Spotify over that; all clients using libspotify are only allowed to work with premium accounts.

Originally Posted by ridmaur View Post
Donated; so cool that this is already available; especially with the poor support of media transfer between Mac OS X and Jolla phone.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by ridmaur View Post
Quick UI bug: the Available offline selection is getting overlapped by the title of the playlist.
Ah, thanks for pointing that out, I hadn't noticed before as most of my playlists have quite short names. I'll get that fixed for the next version.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Elleo For This Useful Post:
Another update: http://mikeasoft.com/~mike/harbour-c...10.armv7hl.rpm

Changes in this version:

* Modifies a number of paths to comply with the store requirements, so you may want to delete the old ~/.local/share/CuteSpotify directory (settings and offline playlists are now stored in ~/.local/share/harbour-cutespotify/).
* Fixes overlap between long playlist names and the "Available offline" switch.
* Fixes overlap of download progress bar on the playlist page.
* Fixes combo boxes, so when searching or viewing artist/album pages it's no longer necessary to select the item twice to have it take effect.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Elleo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pikejake View Post
Originally Posted by Elleo View Post
Sorry, that's completely out of my control, you'd have to lobby Spotify over that; all clients using libspotify are only allowed to work with premium accounts.
Latest Android version works without premium account, since spotify changed the availability on Mobile devices.

Guess other aplications will work too if you could bypass the checking for premium account login?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pkatt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Pkatt View Post
Latest Android version works without premium account, since spotify changed the availability on Mobile devices.

Guess other aplications will work too if you could bypass the checking for premium account login?
Unfortunately the check for premium accounts isn't something that's done on the client side, I just call the Spotify login method and get given an error back if the user doesn't have a premium account.

Tags
meespot, qt5 wayland, sailfish, spotify, ubuntu touch