Hey all,

Just started with the N800 and wondering if I am missing something or the feature is missing.

I am a command line guy and when using a browser like to be able to have command like control from the url bar, both Firefox and Opera have this feature, by using quick search commands i.e. entering "g test" will will take you to google with the query test.

So my question can I do this with bookmark manager?

If not who do I talk to about adding this feature?

I will be installing the toolchain as soon as I have the time which raises another question.

Is the bookmark manager oss gpl?

Cheers

Sefton

Found this thread via search.... wanted to post same question. Quick seach was among my favorite and most used Opera and Firefox features back when I used regular computers. I'm guessing this simply cannot be done at this time?

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
You can also use a hosts file too.

Doesn't the opendns method assume you are on the same network all the time?

I was reading thru the wiki earlier today, the address bar google search page was actually what got thinking about quick/keyword search. I'm wondering about the opera/firefox feature which allows you to right-click on a search field and create a special bookmark to the search 'engine' and designate a keyword(letter) to go along with it. There was no limit to how many youu could set up. It was really great tool!

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/smart-keywords.html

Originally Posted by chrisak View Post
I'm wondering about the opera/firefox feature which allows you to right-click on a search field and create a special bookmark to the search 'engine' and designate a keyword(letter) to go along with it.
I use that a lot in Firefox. Combined with the 'smartsearch' extension you can select text and search with any of the searchengine bookmarks that have a keyword. But Microb contains only some parts of Firefox, like the Gecko rendering engine and certificates management. The rest inluding the bookmarks is different. Still it would be a great idea to make a plugin for this.

Last edited by iamthewalrus; 2008-03-14 at 10:37.

Posts: 86 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Moscow
Regarding hosts file there are 2 major drawbacks: a shortcut typed into locaton bar doesn't change when you navigate further through the site, and some sites do not have their own visible IP.
And i'm not sure that it's possible to implement search shortcuts via hosts file.