Active Topics

still better than ordering from switzerland to France :/ ( VAT 19,9% on sales price + shipping + custom duty )
A friend bought it in Dubai and then send it to you ?

The Following User Says Thank You to clovis86 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by clovis86 View Post
still better than ordering from switzerland to France :/ ( VAT 19,9% on sales price + shipping + custom duty )
A friend bought it in Dubai and then send it to you ?
Indeed. I could have waited a month when I would see him but I am without a phone at the moment so had to get it soon.

Windows phone fanatics are not stopping. Call this a review or whatever but it's cringe worthy to read this rubbish and I look forward to declining Nokia sales once the glitter of "Oh Nokia making windows phone" declines.

http://wmpoweruser.com/windows-phone...-the-n9-video/

The Following User Says Thank You to afaq For This Useful Post:
Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
Ive never tried windows phone, and im going to try it when wp8 or whatever version is launched with the nokia WP phones comes out.

Originally Posted by afaq View Post
Indeed. I could have waited a month when I would see him but I am without a phone at the moment so had to get it soon.

Windows phone fanatics are not stopping. Call this a review or whatever but it's cringe worthy to read this rubbish and I look forward to declining Nokia sales once the glitter of "Oh Nokia making windows phone" declines.

Hmm, Nokia sales are ALREADY declining....

The editor of that blog is a tool though

I don't speak russian or anything, but the review seems to just show comparisons in the UI, that's about it really.
Email on WP7 > Nokia N9 though that's for sure, and of course native document editing. Temporary advantages I assume/hope

The Following User Says Thank You to hotnikkelz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by slai View Post
Ive never tried windows phone, and im going to try it when wp8 or whatever version is launched with the nokia WP phones comes out.
tried iphone 3gs, then android, then symbian, and finally THE N900 ( the best IMO )
Then bought and tried for few months a Samsung omnia 7, nice stuff BTW, but OS is too closed for me, need a N900 updated
that's why I'm selling the samsung and waiting for the devilery of my N9 héhéhé

Nice comparison between WP7 and N9 :

We should not forget that this N9 didn't already received the BIG update planned soon

Last edited by clovis86; 2011-10-19 at 12:06.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by mece View Post
the factory in Salo, Finland is currently making 3000 N9's per shift which means 9000 per day.
They are still not making N9 at full capacity because they also make E7 there. N9 production is increasing. FYI.
Better, but it should've been ramped to full capacity by now surely, sheesh.
I still reserve the right to be extremely suspicious....

Originally Posted by afaq View Post
£460 for the 64GB.
All other costs including shipping comes to £510. Of course if anyone knows someone who travels there often then its a very good deal. Shipping and customs is a pain.
It's so annoying how some countries have pretty aggressive prices, while others are a joke.

Originally Posted by mece View Post
the factory in Salo, Finland is currently making 3000 N9's per shift which means 9000 per day. They are still not making N9 at full capacity because they also make E7 there. N9 production is increasing. FYI.
Do you work at Salo?
Because this would mean that Nokia is making 200k to 270k N9s a month!
By the way, where are the Windows Phones being manufactured?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pedroesteban For This Useful Post:
My n9 has arrived. Muahaha.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Rugoz For This Useful Post:
Hardware is great, apart from the volume buttons which creak and are not very comfy to use.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rugoz For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
No MicroSD and yet only 16/32GB native storage, wow, that's somewhat of a let-down:
http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/18/s...exus-hands-on/
Bump-to-share, & data monitor, I wonder if Engadget will remember to also praise that in their N9 review

Hmmm....
Might wait longer & see of another handset OEM does something better than Sammy for ICS.
Still looks excellent overall...
But I won't be surprised if another OEM releases something slightly more feature-packed.

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-10-19 at 16:25.

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????