Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 288 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by Crashdamage View Post
No. If you perceive an improvement in MicoB it's just a placebo effect. Both are Mozilla-based but MicroB is based on Firefox 3.5's engine while Firefox Mobile is based on Firefox 3.6's engine. They do not share them.
Probably placebo then. The N900 is truly a great browsing experience, isnt it ?

Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Originally Posted by Enyibinakata View Post
The N900 is truly a great browsing experience, isnt it ?
Absolutely!
Registered Linux user #266531.

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Macon, GA | Warsaw, PL | Hanoi, VN
Could anyone tell me what I need to change in about:config to force firefox to open full websites instead of mobile versions?

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ SF East Bay, Cali
Originally Posted by Dinho View Post
Could anyone tell me what I need to change in about:config to force firefox to open full websites instead of mobile versions?
Interesting as I've only seen this issue with fennec and not with MicroB. The way I fixed this with fennec is:

1. Surf to about:config
2. Search for the property general.useragent.extra.mobile
3. Update its value to
Firefox/3.5 Maemo Browser 1.5.6 RX-51 N900
4. Restart the browser

Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by JayBEE View Post
Interesting as I've only seen this issue with fennec and not with MicroB. The way I fixed this with fennec is:

1. Surf to about:config
2. Search for the property general.useragent.extra.mobile
3. Update its value to
Firefox/3.5 Maemo Browser 1.5.6 RX-51 N900
4. Restart the browser

Hope this helps.
I would be interested to know how to do the same with microb.

Has anyone else observed extremely high wakeups with powertop when using 1.1b1? Mine seem to go through the roof (using microb, about 1000, using 1.1b1 about 10000 and more)... even if the browser is just sitting there. Also tried to use the browser for a few hours straight while playing music at the same time. Only took maybe 10-20 minutes for the entire phone to become completely unresponsive (task switching took minutes), music would keep playing but every time the track changed, there would be a 30-60 second pause.

Abysmal performance... the only positive thing is that the program seems to start up faster

It would be really great if this worked well... Weave sync on the phone is great.

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ SF East Bay, Cali
Originally Posted by Patroclo View Post
I would be interested to know how to do the same with microb.
Please give me a site where MicroB automagically takes you to the mobile version.

In any case, the same steps work in MicroB, the name of the user agent property in MicroB is 'general.useragent.vendor'

But as I earlier mentioned, I only saw this problem on fennec and resolved it by copying the user agent value from MicroB to it.

Why I just get version 1.0.1 and not 1.1 when download from official beta site ? Could someone maybe upload the .deb file of fennec 1.1 ? Thank you.

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Originally Posted by NokiaRocks View Post
Why I just get version 1.0.1 and not 1.1 when download from official beta site ? Could someone maybe upload the .deb file of fennec 1.1 ? Thank you.
in app manager read the screen, when installing i bet it is pulling the version of Firefox from Ovi repo instead of Mozilla... try to disable Ovi repo maybe.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I have switched to the new Firefox as my default browser, mainly because of how well Autopager and Readability add-ons work, but because of many other features as well. I preferred the MicroB bookmark setup and miss it, but not enough to go back.