Posts: 28 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Curacao, Netherlands Antilles
Originally Posted by airjaff View Post
"all i wanna say is they dont really care about us" as said by the late great MJ
lol nice one

Originally Posted by badstraw View Post
Okay so lets wait 5 months then..
How did you guess?

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Mexico
because we have been waiting for the Ovi Store to be working since november?? i think...

Originally Posted by badstraw View Post
because we have been waiting for the Ovi Store to be working since november?? i think...
You make it sound like not having an Ovi Store will kill you?
Are done with all the apps in the Ovi Store?

Originally Posted by nosa101 View Post
You make it sound like not having an Ovi Store will kill you?
.... I am speechless - this isnt even up for debate like flash or meego, the ovi store was advertised heavily with the n900

you really are a fanboy supreme

The Following User Says Thank You to Frappacino For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Frappacino View Post
.... I am speechless - this isnt even up for debate like flash or meego, the ovi store was advertised heavily with the n900

you really are a fanboy supreme
I am a fanboy because I don't give a sh*t about the Ovi Store?

I LOL'd

Most of the apps coming to the Ovi Store are going to be paid apps and seeing as I am a cheap b*stard, I could care less.

Some of you act like this Ovi Store is the end all be all.

You need to quit overreacting. It is just an app store...life goes on

Originally Posted by nosa101 View Post
I am a fanboy because I don't give a sh*t

Some of you act like this Ovi Store is the end all be all.
The problem is that having a viable application store is widely seen as a "table stakes" feature for smart-phones. In other words, without it, don't even bother showing up to play.

Ovi store and the various Ovi services were widely advertised at launch and many people bought the device assuming it would be functional when they got it. Nokia even made setting up an Ovi Store account part of their rebate requirement. For it to have taken six months to reach even this basic level of functionality is indicative of a huge failure to execute as a viable player in the smart-phone market.

Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
The problem is that having a viable application store is widely seen as a "table stakes" feature for smart-phones. In other words, without it, don't even bother showing up to play.

Ovi store and the various Ovi services were widely advertised at launch and many people bought the device assuming it would be functional when they got it. Nokia even made setting up an Ovi Store account part of their rebate requirement. For it to have taken six months to reach even this basic level of functionality is indicative of a huge failure to execute as a viable player in the smart-phone market.
So you concerned about the company's standing in the market? Or are you concerned about your device?

Posts: 117 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Manchester, England
Ovi Store sucks man balls. This is not what I was sold!!!

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Netherlands
The Ovi store represents a tiny fraction of the apps available.
There are plenty of apps availble and others in development in the repositories.