Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
I asked them all what device they actually preffered including the N9 and you know what they said....the N8 !!!!.

Why i said????? that does not have meego, they said because it is better all round than the N9.

Now when 8 staff members tell you this you begin to question your own thoughts trust me on that one.
I counter your anecdotal evidence with mine: Every Nokia employee I've met who's worked with an N9 and a Symbian/WP7 phone has gushed about the awesomeness of the N9 as compared to the others.
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to uvatbc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 129 | Thanked: 321 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland (Turku)
Originally Posted by uvatbc View Post
The native browser's results.

Compare against Google chrome (16.0.891.0 dev) Lenovo x301 running Ubuntu 11.04
Not bad for a single core device.

N9 (N950): 3744 ms
iPhone 4: 4052 ms
HTC Sensation: 5253 ms
Galaxy S 2: 3416 ms

HTC and GSII Source: http://tbreak.com/tech/2011/06/htc-sensation-review/
iPhone: http://thegadgets.net/2011/03/08/ipa...nchmark-tests/

Last edited by Stonik; 2011-09-30 at 18:06. Reason: N9=N950, actually

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Stonik For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Got a message that my N9 have been sent A couple of days now (damned weekend, slows down the post service.....). Monday or Tuesday it will be here

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by mece View Post
Ah I may have read your post a bit hastily, I apologize.

I don't actually know what kind of old software or prototypes were on display where you were. All the production devices should have 1Gb memory and MeeGo 1.2 harmattan version 1.2011.34-1 (Or later). What version did the ones on display have? I've never seen or even heard about any called MeeGo 1.1 Harmattan before. That PR can't have been updated since may.
Hold up, what do you mean 1gb memory?.

They all told me 512 installed, i am confused as well because as i said none of the devices will show the full spec when you get into the about section.

The swipe does indeed only work from the very edges of the screen and not in the middle.

You can swipe every way all sides but you must do it from the edges.

Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
I cannot answer this one, all i can tell you is what i seen with my own eyes.
What can't you answer? I was wondering what version the firmware was. It's written right after the MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan text in the settings -> about product screen.

I am not in the habit of making things up and if anyone doubts me then i suggest you do the same trip i did today.
What trip is that?
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

The Following User Says Thank You to mece For This Useful Post:
I have tested and used N9 over a week now and I have to say that it's the best and most faultfree phone ever.

All Iphone owners used it have said thet the typing sense is better than Iphones.

Excellent device.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to koivjann For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mece View Post
what can't you answer? I was wondering what version the firmware was. It's written right after the meego 1.2 harmattan text in the settings -> about product screen.

What trip is that?
My 16 GB has Meego 1.2 Harmattan 10.2011.34-1_p_001

Last edited by koivjann; 2011-09-30 at 16:58. Reason: Added more info about version

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to koivjann For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by koivjann View Post
I have tested and used N9 over a week now and I have to say that it's the best and most faultfree phone ever.

All Iphone owners used it have said thet the typing sense is better than Iphones.

Excellent device.
I agree with you here as i could also not find a fault as such, everything i did was solid in all fairness to the device.

In answer to the software versions, yes there is a version number but i got carried away with the staff and forgot to write them down.

Just take it from me the 16gb are 1.1 and the 64gb are 1.2 versions.

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by onethreealpha View Post
Ignorance breeds ignorance it seems.
Tizen is NOT Meego with a new name. Meego is a QT based project, whilst tizen will not require qt for compliance. Tizen, whilst sharing many core components with Meego (as virtually all linux distributions do) will focus on HTML5 + WAC API's for HTML5 applications. Qt does not play a part in this.

ps: didn't you say you were leaving TMO a while back? Oh well, we're all used to disappointment these days......
Funny today are we? New name and new clothes, the rest is the same: Will never be finished, will never attract anyone except a handful of die hards, same Linux. In essence nothing but a rip-off off Jolicloud and/or WebOS, but a very poor rip-off.

Anyway, that wasn't my point. My point was that the N9 runs Harmattan, Maemo 6 essentially, whatever happens to MeeGo is irrelevant wrt the N9.

Originally Posted by koivjann View Post
10.2011.34-1_p_001
What version are you reffering too? and what is the color of it?.

Tags
bigbadpoo!, billeatspoo, billsuxcox