Originally Posted by Merienth View Post
Just a sidenote rant: What the hell does last 10-20 days to deliver a phone,... the only product they sell? I nearly went back for the Z30 with 2 days on local and 5 days for amazon/ebay reseller. I hope they use their 10 days well, and polish it with some gold dust, or wthever.
I put the order on 2/1/2016, today they changed status from Paid to In Picking. I have little hope that I will receive in this week.

Edit: Ah, Jolla website use format MM/DD/YYYY, so it was 1st February.

Last edited by Ksero; 2016-02-23 at 14:40.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Ksero View Post
I put the order on 2/1/2016
Second of January? That's nearly two months!!!

Even if it were the first of February, it is still longer than the 20 days they give themselves. I find it outrageous in this day and age.

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 891 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Royaume Uni.
You'd be mad to buy a Blackberry. It's only a matter of time until Blackberry drop support for it.

Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by NokiaFanatic View Post
You'd be mad to buy a Blackberry. It's only a matter of time until Blackberry drop support for it.
Nokia/MS dropped support of Maemo/MeeGo long ago, does it madden you or the users here?

The Following User Says Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by californication View Post
Hey! Please say, why? In my case I still don't know what to choose too. People say that BB is dead and unsupported. This things are discouraging me from BB. I want a good android support in just a few apps. Tbh I'm interested in Skype app only
And a native good folder music player. I haven't seen just a simple player like easyplayer from n900
Z10 out performs Jolla in multiple ways, all listed below. In short, if you need to do a lot hacking or Linux terminal access then Jolla wins, other than that Z10 almost beat Jolla on every aspect. (Including native music player you mentioned.)

Hardware:

- Z10 has a much sharper screen.
- A better size.
- Feels more comfortable.
- Battery slightly smaller. (Only by 200mAh) However it's very easy and cheap to get another one or two official batteries. You can even get an official charger kit with another battery, it can charge battery directly with that kit, it also gives option to re-charge your phone from the battery in the kit and not swapping battery. It's very convenient, you can decide if you need to swap, or recharge.
- Z10's camera is not the greatest these days but better than Jolla's.
- Better build quality, better internal spec. (I don't care, but it's better.)
- Z10 natively supports all SD format. (You can fuse exfat on Jolla as well, not a problem.)
- Z10 supposed to work all over the world, including US.

Software:

- BB10 is more mature than Sailfish OS, By far. Less buggy.
- BB10 is polished in every aspect. Including much much better native gallery, music player, file management etc. It's far better than Jolla's native ones (even 3rd party perhaps). Native browser is also much better.
- Native app is better in BB10 (although not much) compare with SFOS. Unfortunately no native built skype.
- BB Hub is awesome (in BB10 only)

Android support is similar on both sides:

- Inside BB10 back bar can easily be hidden, gives more screen space.
- BB10 has a 4.3 runtime instead of 4.1 in Jolla.
- Jolla has a smoother experience in android overall.
- Jolla can install native Google play services, where BB10 can only use play store for downloading.

To sum up in everyday use Z10 is far better, but if you want something different and toy to play with, Jolla is a good toy, but both HW and SW are way behind.

Originally Posted by Merienth View Post
Just consider a WP. It has skype, music player and support.

Some pepople here might stone me to death and even funnier I bought a Jolla just now...

But if you find your Android apps counterpart, and don't care "walled garden" either, Windows might be ok.
It is not more unstable than iOS, and has nowdays a better app pool than BB.
Music Player in WP is not better than an alpha build.

Zune used to be fine on WP7, but since WP8 MS rebranded it into Xbox Music (Now Groove...) and native music player just sucks. It losts library and album arts and very buggy and slow. Mixradio's local player handles it better. I used to have a sd with 2000+ music and native player never scanned correctly, but MixRadio can. Groove on W10M is better than Xbox music but not by much. They are definitely worse than native BB10's.

Last edited by chenliangchen; 2016-02-23 at 13:24.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Wooow. Thanks! But this native player doesn't play music by folders, doesn't it?
Can I ask what model of Z10 you have? STL 100-1 or other? I heard there are a few differences.
And what with a call speaker? It's more louder than in n900? I'm really curious

Last edited by californication; 2016-02-23 at 17:16.

Wooow. Thanks! But this native player doesn't play music by folders, doesn't it?
Can I ask what model of Z10 you have? STL 100-1 or other? I heard there are a few differences.
And what with a call speaker? It's more louder than in n900? I'm really curious
Stl 100-1 is the 3g version so I would really avoid that one. 100-2 is what we have in the UK and probably Europe and is the 4g model, 3 and 4 are for USA I believe so it depends where u are from or going!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tommo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Hey! Please say, why? In my case I still don't know what to choose too. People say that BB is dead and unsupported. This things are discouraging me from BB. I want a good android support in just a few apps. Tbh I'm interested in Skype app only
And a native good folder music player. I haven't seen just a simple player like easyplayer from n900
Just to chip in with the situation on Jolla:

Skype is one of the very few Android apps I use and it works fine - audio, video, chat, even my Bluetooth headphones. The version I have installed sometimes crashes when not used, but that is probably caused by the fact that I didn't allow it to access my contacts and to run as daemon. It never (IIRC) crashed during a call, though, so it's worth for me to keep the settings this way

Plus there is a native Skype chat plugin for the built-in messaging application, so you can have Skype chat integration like on N9(00).

There are quite a few native music players and of course a folder based one - Talefish - which even remembers your last position. There may be more folder based players, but this is the only one that I tried.

Last edited by nodevel; 2016-02-23 at 17:48.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
I have gotten a few blackberry devices and the Z10 is rather inexpensive now. It has HDMI out which allows it to be a portable video player. There is a Blackberry Media dock which chargers it and allows HDMI out which I find to be very useful in that regard. (The Z30 has USB Host capabilities which also supports USB audio, besides mass storage to make transferring files very easy.) I find many genuine accessories as well as 3rd party accessories to complement the Z10 to make it more useable and more useful.

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 725 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Permanent cruiser - either water- or motorways
Huh - always this discussions about comparing two complete different approaches.

All in all the Jolla and the Z10 are both usable devices even for a daily use. It always depends on what you're expecting ;-) - even my historic N8 is still good for talking, sms, web browsing and email plus playing videos and music and providing a decent camera ...

If you don't care about a closed system, want the better camera and a nearly perfect messaging/communication experience plus you want to play videos from the device through hdmi to your tv - go with the Blackberry

If you want a open system (mas o menos), want to use the terminal, supporting Linux, need a geek factor or just like the OS and want support the underdogs - go with the Jolla

They are both good for nearly everthing, like most smartphones are this days. If you care about how many seconds it takes to open an app (like some people around) I would advice to look on all the high end android devices around and be sure you get 16GB ram plus the newest, fastest and octa-core cpu ;-) so you will be able to run 120 video chats at one time ...

Come on guys (and girls maybe) we are talking about phones - if WebOS hasn't been abandoned I might still be using my pre an if Nokia had ever learned to built a solid USB port I might never have given away my N9 (hope it's doing well HtheB?)

Again my buying advice: Test both and take the one that UI and specialities fits better to your needs - both will do a decent job, and even if the OS will be not longer developed it will take some time before you'll have to replace it ...

Sorry for all the text - I just can't read any more about how bad this or that OS or the relevant hardware is ... It always depends on the user - my girlfriend didn't like Symbian, didn't like Meego, didn't like BB10 and Android neither - now is so happy with WP8 as there just nothing more she has to do as using and very rare updates (how boring ;-) )

Last edited by elastic; 2016-02-23 at 20:02.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to elastic For This Useful Post: