Notices

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Before You drown into harmattanish sea of Obsolescence Could You please upload Maemo version to extras-devel? I can assist in that, if You have any problems (or, even upload it myself and immediately grant You maintainership, if You can provide me a debian source package output)

/Estel
I think it is better (and easy) to backport Harmattan version (when it is ready) to maemo, instead of forking the project. In theory CSSU users should be able to run all Harmattan stuff only recompiled in sb with Frematle target(assuming CSSU qt-*-dev is installed there).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 14 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
I think it is better (and easy) to backport Harmattan version (when it is ready) to maemo, instead of forking the project. In theory CSSU users should be able to run all Harmattan stuff only recompiled in sb with Frematle target(assuming CSSU qt-*-dev is installed there).
Anyways, I was planning to rewrite the UI in QM and Qt components for Harmattan, so it is not compatible with Fremantle, anyways. So there will be definitely forking. However, the different UIs are to be distributed in diffrerent pacakges, as they can be used parallelly in practise, so it should bode pretty well.

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 274 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by lassileevi View Post
Anyways, I was planning to rewrite the UI in QM and Qt components for Harmattan, so it is not compatible with Fremantle, anyways. So there will be definitely forking. However, the different UIs are to be distributed in diffrerent pacakges, as they can be used parallelly in practise, so it should bode pretty well.
Fremantle supports quite much the same QtComponents as Harmattan does so the same UI should work on both with some minor modifications. See wiki.maemo.org/QtComponents and talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=79134.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MiK546 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 14 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by MiK546 View Post
Fremantle supports quite much the same QtComponents as Harmattan does so the same UI should work on both with some minor modifications. See wiki.maemo.org/QtComponents and talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=79134.
Ok, good to know, thanks!

Maybe I have to get back to checking this once I am done with the Harmattan-part. Because the original design of Qtrapids was to support multiple parallel UIs, the Harmattan/QML UI will be just another package, and can be installed independent of the current Qt UI package.

The Following User Says Thank You to lassileevi For This Useful Post:
how much should i adjust it's downloading & uploading speed + where should I save it..

Can't wait for this to come to the N9, loved it on my N900 always worked well. Thanks!

i donwloaded this software.. i tried to open a torrent file.. but nothing is showing.. whats wrong with this..

Originally Posted by safoo View Post
i donwloaded this software.. i tried to open a torrent file.. but nothing is showing.. whats wrong with this..
Are you sure you followed the installation instruction in the first post correctly? If yes are you sure you opened the torrent file trough the "open"-option from the program. Also check if the torrent is working properly (use it with some other torrent program on desktop). If these don't work try opening the program from terminal by running "qtrapids-gui" and then paste the possible output in here.

yep.. i followed the same installation instruction as u mentioned.. & also tried to open the torrent file from 'open' option.. but its not showing any torrent's downloading process.. i have attatch the screenshot..
Attached Images

Then could you paste the possible output of running the program from terminal when you try to open the torrent.