A few questions so you might get some helpful information...

- If you are reading these fora from your iOS or Win8 (tablet ?), is there a reason you would prefer to use a 3rd party application, instead of the built-in browser?

- How did you log in to make your posts?

- Which maemo device do you have, or are you interested in?

There is no TMO (talk-maemo-dot-org) client at the moment. Maybe the board maintainer(s) will help you with something that allows you to use Tapatalk.

Don't be annoyed with the sarcastic comments above - as mentioned, most people viewing these fora do so either with the device's browser or from a PC, so your question just seemed a bit odd (pointless) when these perfectly good methods already exist.

Hope you find what you're looking for.

The Following User Says Thank You to demolition For This Useful Post:
Posts: 42 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by demolition View Post
A few questions so you might get some helpful information...

- If you are reading these fora from your iOS or Win8 (tablet ?), is there a reason you would prefer to use a 3rd party application, instead of the built-in browser?

- How did you log in to make your posts?

- Which maemo device do you have, or are you interested in?

There is no TMO (talk-maemo-dot-org) client at the moment. Maybe the board maintainer(s) will help you with something that allows you to use Tapatalk.

Don't be annoyed with the sarcastic comments above - as mentioned, most people viewing these fora do so either with the device's browser or from a PC, so your question just seemed a bit odd (pointless) when these perfectly good methods already exist.

Hope you find what you're looking for.
On iOS I can login, but the error message is given when I want to read unread posts and new posts.
I can only browse and not reply while being logged in with board express/tapatalk.

On windows 8 app I get disconnected immidiately.

So yes I use a browser to reply and login normally.
Why I use the 3rd party app is because it's handy, I have instant acces to all forums that i'm member off, and can post/reply as I wish without using the browser and in most forums having to login everytime.

I currently have a Nokia N9

The Following User Says Thank You to Micha For This Useful Post:
@Micha
Thanks for explaining how the problems present.

It's clear, from what you say that, TMO doesn't work with the client you like to use (Tapatalk) on iOS and Win8. Maybe that's something that will be resolved in due course, maybe not? Unfortunately, you're going to have to put up with it. However, the more active community members the better, and it would be useful to all if you would post back with anything you can find, so here are a few of ideas to get you going...

Client support
TMO clearly works and can be accessed using many types of browser, so the problem is more a matter of compatibility, on the part of the client you would like to use.
- What was the response you got, when asking this question on the Tapatalk forum?
- This might sound obvious, but have you looked for other clients that might work with TMO, as well as your other boards?

"back end"
At the bottom (of this and every page) there's a link to vBulletin saying v3.8.2 is in use on these boards.
- What information can you find on http://www.vbulletin.com/ or http://www.vbulletin.org , which might relate to the issues that you are experiencing?
- Are there other boards, using the same version of vBulletin that you can access.

Keyboard
My guess is that you don't use your N9 to post/reply is because typing extended pieces on a virtual keyboard (VKB) is difficult and eventually annoying? Long chunks of text it's not really what a VKB is designed for.
- A good solution to this, is to use a Bluetooth keyboard (BTKB) with your N9 and if you want a bigger screen, use the AV out (I have the N900 so cannot advocate a particular KB - sorry). Although not ideal for making replies, while standing on a bus, you can at least type more quickly and comfortably than with the VKB.

I might be completely wrong on all of these and/or you have your own ideas of why things aren't working, as well as how to improve matters. If so, please post the details.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to demolition For This Useful Post:
Posts: 42 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Netherlands
Thanks Demolition!

I just went to the tapatalk site, and it looks like forums need to install the tapatalk plugin to be able to read forums.
http://www.tapatalk.com/activate_tap...ugin=vbulletin

I think I just need some more support from other forum members who also use tapatalk to make this happen then :-)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Micha For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Micha View Post
I think I just need some more support from other forum members who also use tapatalk to make this happen then :-)
Like I said, most people can use this site perfectly well. Therefore, the motivation to do anything at this end is probably going to be limited - I might be wrong though.

I would recommend going from the other direction (i.e. via the client provider's own website). Have a look at http://support.tapatalk.com/forums/v...discussion.53/ and post your questions there.

The Following User Says Thank You to demolition For This Useful Post: