Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Hmm. Should I then just delete both accounts and purge wazzapp?

Been afraid to try that because of registration problems

my issue is that application freezes and i cant do anything untill killall wazapp
And its happens when im trying to open Settings so its popping up and then quickly disappearing and entire app freezes
And can't synchronize contacts

Last edited by ed00; 2013-07-16 at 21:35.

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
@Boxeri in nightly 24 registration works

Originally Posted by excelintel View Post
I had the similar error last week like mac_kissack. All the contacts have disappeared. Messages werent sent out nor i can receive it. Initially i have deleted the ~/.wazapp folder , uninstall and reinstall the program. It works for a while, then it's back to the same problem. After a number of retries, i give up. i chose to reset the settings. It works...
but for 2-3 days only, then it has the same error again.

I'm not sure which bug causes this..then i resort to restore my old backup. Surprisingly, most of my apps, documents, videos, pictures are preserved. Just some of my contacts , accounts and some settings are gone. If you wanna do that, it's best that you do a backup first. Anyway , my whatsapp is working till now..(0.9.19). Since version 0.9.19 is working fine for me , then i'll just leave it...

If this hasn't solve any of my problems, i will probably flash my phone and start from fresh. I'm contented now..hopefully this problem never appear again . Hope it helps...
I am sad to tell this problem has persisted.
I am on Wazapp 0.9.20

As happened to excelintel, after a few days, messages written in edit box would not show up in the message screen.
If I reset settings Wazapp works fine for a while and then problem happens again.

Another issue is my N9 has lost all contacts twice already.
Just like that, without knowing why or how.
I could recover those saved in my Gmail contact list but the ones not backed up got lost.

Also, there is a failure to resize images before sending them.
A 7 mpixel image stays about its whole size of 1 to 2 MB.

I am wondering if it is a Wazapp issue or if it is a N9 issue.
Haven't been able to identify a definite path to the bug or isolate the reason.
I am getting tired of having to reset settings again and again.
However, haven't attempted to fully reset the phone.

Has anyone a clue of what's going on?
Or any other solution?

I really have to say I am very pleased with Wazapp.
It came to improve a lot my usage of this N9 jewel.
Therefore I did happily donate to @tgalal but have to say more people should do the same in order to compensate his effort.

Last edited by mac_kissack; 2013-07-17 at 01:31. Reason: Missing information

Posts: 494 | Thanked: 111 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Finland
I can't register my wife wazapp.. got the code but it always says that server said: old version.... i use 0.9.20

And nightlys doesn't work, can't install at all.

Last edited by Timpaxi; 2013-07-16 at 20:53.

My wazapp works fine. Nightly23. Tried to install nightly24 but it says already been installed from certified resource

-via Maemo Talk app

Last edited by praveenchand; 2013-07-16 at 21:17.

Hey, the latest nightly ~24 working fine.
A few things that I've noticed, if u get two or more pics and download all before first of them has downloaded, the rest wont show up, meaning, U better download one in a time even it seems you could download all. Also in the settings it doesnt show the profile pic if it has been put in some other device.

Nightly 24 works!
ThankQ.V.much

Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by MoritzJT View Post
Had that once too, it was somehow related to editing the quicklaunch items (those when you swipe up) It happened because I put Wazapp in there and uninstalling or updating it.
Yes, further investigation proved this to be the case. It is not then directly related to wazzap, just happened during its update/reinstall process. I can now try to change the quicklaunch icons and it only replaces the double wazzapp icon in the app grid and thus creates the problem again with another app. The one quicklaunch icon is know missing and is sitting on the regular app grid.

@MoritzJT do you remember how you solved this? I have tried N9QT scripts on this with no avail. Also have tried "quickbarcontrol" app, but it also only replaces the icon with another and does not move it back to quicklaunch bar.

Anyone with experiences on problem like this?

Okay, scratch the above. Ones again a bit more deeper usage of the search function revealed the greatness of this community.

This problem of mine had already been addressed and solved in here

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=80019

and here

talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=86421

check those threads is you have similar problems like I had.

Last edited by Boxeri; 2013-07-17 at 04:54. Reason: SOLVED

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
@cfh in wazapp_init remove > /home/user/.wazapp/walogs 2>&1

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp