Active Topics

Poll: Should the forum be restructured to accomodate more OSes an when?
Poll Options
Should the forum be restructured to accomodate more OSes an when?

Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
I'm late to the show and haven't even read the whole thread, so sorry for maybe producing reduncancy:
About domain name change -> WONT HAPPEN
WHY? we won't break google hits, bookmarks, whatnot. And we're not allowed to do that either, since Reggie didn't even think about us pondering such silly move.

If we want new domains like leetenewphone.com, we can either
a) do a CNAME (just like internettablettalk.com been)
b) get a completely new forum, which in my book is the right alternative since we don't want to take tmo users hostage for a move to something new

/j

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
I'm late to the show and haven't even read the whole thread, so sorry for maybe producing reduncancy:
About domain name change -> WONT HAPPEN
WHY? we won't break google hits, bookmarks, whatnot. And we're not allowed to do that either, since Reggie didn't even think about us pondering such silly move.

If we want new domains like leetenewphone.com, we can either
a) do a CNAME (just like internettablettalk.com been)
b) get a completely new forum, which in my book is the right alternative since we don't want to take tmo users hostage for a move to something new
Any special reason why you immediately focus on ruling that out, when much more than just that was discussed?
No-one's suggested a outright change with zero references/usage of the older domain, that would be dumb, most in the community are smart enough to appreciate that.
Plus you're not in any position to unilaterally rule anything in/out*, it's something that needs to be carefully assessed over a period of time between all members of HFB/C.
Then several different approaches can be presented to the community for appraisal, & now's probably too early to even begin that process.*

*I mean that with all due respect & no malice/rudeness
**although I hope it isn't, especially in light of this

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-04-17 at 03:40. Reason: typo

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post: