Poll: If you got two same phones only screen differs what screen will you choose
Poll Options
If you got two same phones only screen differs what screen will you choose

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Victoria BC Canada
I voted resistive, it works very well for me. The accuracy is superior and false inputs are few and far between.

The multi-touch capacitve devices I use, including touchpads on notebooks etc, are prone to false inputs because their extreme sensitivity, it can be a time waster for sure.

I think that multi-touch capacitance touch screens are in the same category as megapixel counts in digital cameras. An over-hyped technology that the average consumer can recognize.

"Ooooh! Multi touch!" "Wow! 18 megapixels!"

I'm not saying there isn't value in either, it's just that there are other variables to consider once you drill through the buzz-words and hype.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grok For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
Originally Posted by Grok View Post
I voted resistive, it works very well for me. The accuracy is superior and false inputs are few and far between.

The multi-touch capacitve devices I use, including touchpads on notebooks etc, are prone to false inputs because their extreme sensitivity, it can be a time waster for sure.

I think that multi-touch capacitance touch screens are in the same category as megapixel counts in digital cameras. An over-hyped technology that the average consumer can recognize.

"Ooooh! Multi touch!" "Wow! 18 megapixels!"

I'm not saying there isn't value in either, it's just that there are other variables to consider once you drill through the buzz-words and hype.
this is the true vote as i voted for resistive ,,, i also have used both the screen and vote for resistive. thanks for voting!

I much prefer resistive screens due to the ability to accurately click on small links (and desktop-ported UI elements) with my fingernail. The resistive input on the n900 is remarkable for allowing easy swipe-scrolling using only fleshy parts of the finger and thumb. In addition accidental registration on a resistive screen is rare.

I find it difficult to click small links on capacitive displays, partly due to my finger covering the small link I am trying to press (intrinsic problem when requiring fleshy bits for input). In addition, accuracy/calibration issues near the edges of capacitive screens are frustrating. In addition lack of registration (due to mildly dry skin?) can be irritating.

Phone capacitve
Tablet emr stylus
Pure resistive is not efficient for me.
I use slate pc, ipad, N900, Xperia Arc.

nails and pointed stick can do what finger can never do, unless getting BIG UI or buttons like for kids!!surly resistive is for me.

On second thought, I'd like to change my vote from resitive to next gen technology.

Whatever comes next clearly must have multitouch from a marketing point of view, but somebody is going to recognize the need for accuracy and pressure levels not only in high end smart phones, but in tablets and slates particularly. Whatever technology comes next ought to have both.

Both capacitive screens and resistive are flawed at this time. Capacitive because they cannot measure pressure, supposedly use more power, and has the accuracy of a cold reader. Resistive because they are+look vulnerable to scratches, lack multi touch and clearly is getting a beating in marketing.

Neither is good enough for all segments, so they're going to have to put out something that has all the features.

But as the poll is originally worded, I'd pick resistive without hesitation.

yesterday resistive had over 70% of votes!!!! but today it is loosing but still be a winner.

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
After using the N900 and MyPaint, I'd go with resistive.
I don't like having to use two hands to perform gestures (pinch to zoom, etc.), it makes sense UI-wise, but it's kinda gimmicky.

And I love the accurate and sensitive screen on the N900, it's great even with a screen protector!

Originally Posted by Hurrian View Post
After using the N900 and MyPaint, I'd go with resistive.
I don't like having to use two hands to perform gestures (pinch to zoom, etc.), it makes sense UI-wise, but it's kinda gimmicky.

And I love the accurate and sensitive screen on the N900, it's great even with a screen protector!
but you did not vote in the poll i think(it is a public poll)!!!!!!!!

Resistive

a) Multitouch is useless for such little device (practically)
b) Pressure sensitive
c) Very precise
d) Can be used with finger nails and stylus
e) High resolution
f) hardware keyboard allows easily multiple modes which are more effective than multitouch gestures which can easily lead to mistakes.

Tags
capacitive, compare, resistive, screen