Posts: 73 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Pakistan
Hi friends,

You all know that what Nokia has done with MeeGo and our beloved N9. The worst thing is that Maemo/MeeGo team has left the Nokia. So, I have start protesting by hiding the "Nokia" with a tape on my N9. The idea was basically given by Sir Michal Founder of my-symbian.com sometime ago. But today I have done it. Here is the picture..
Attached Images

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
nice...what exactly are you trying to achieve by doing such churlish acts???

why not hack your phone to get the software to remove all traces of NOKIA...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 278 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ SD, CA
I ll join you in your protest. Plus its all black after that. I Like the all black. I ll post pic later.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I'm not sure if it's MeeGo you're trying to save, which Intel abandoned along with Nokia or Harmattan, who's entire team just disbanded.

Nice coverage of the Nokia logo. Now, let's see if PR1.3 will allow you to alter the start up screen as well. Go for total Nokia logo blackout *Now that's an idea for a mod

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
You have to do more than that. All people seeing your phone thinks you have a lumia and supports both Microsoft and Nokia.

It's better to buy a... N900

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Lets keep religion out of this. Smartphones are big business and lots of cool technology, nothing more - nothing less.

Besides, it's unfair against Nokia, tasteless even. They are loosing people, money, factories, technology all over the place. The least you can do is back them up if you are going to symbolically "make a point", not kick them in the balls. IMHO of course.

The Following User Says Thank You to specc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 73 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Pakistan
Its just that I don't want to give any free advertisement to Nokia at all. And I am protesting in all the ways I can. And the thing that it looks like Lumia I will try out something that I can replace Nokia with just N9.

Wow, this place still have couple of people left.
Just move on, MeeGo, Qt and Tizen is dead on arrival.

Was kind of expecting this kind of thread from some old fans dreaming of the past.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
i'll give you an idea...add a shell to your n9 so it looks totally un-Lumia...something like the sgs3 prototypes or wp8 prototypes being paraded over the web...google it and hope you can box it up...

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I think we should take one step further and adding a Samsung logotype

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post: