Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
But didn't someone find a 3rd-party battery* that'll work (reliably) & isn't pricey, for those who want a back-up battery?
Battery from Huawei Ascend G330 (HB5N1H) 1800mAh has been found to fit with the proviso "Using non Jolla battery voids the warranty and may damage your phone! Also this is not a high voltage battery and using it inside Jolla phone can be dangerous!"

The Following User Says Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
(However, what truly makes the N950 useless is the LCD problems)
There was some wifi &/or cellular ones too -IIRC.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
No, both is a must! How else can you compare them

But I do enjoy the jolla more nodays. Not because its better, its just that it get is alive(get updates).

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2015-07-20 at 18:35.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 204 | Thanked: 443 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Germany - Potsdam
Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
The Jolla is worse in the Summer? . . . how does it get worse?
If you can't see anything on the N9 on summer you can use the Jolla as mirror only. ;-) It has low bscklight for me and the display does not reflect the sunlight, only the surface does.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to meemorph For This Useful Post:
Posts: 259 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Athens, GR
I use both Jolla for playing, and N9 for daily use.
Maybe Sailfish 2.0 will convince me to switch uses, but i think i will get myself a yotaphone as soon as i get the funds

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gsalone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 509 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Mexico/Germany
For me i need on the Jolla VPN and VOIP for less.
And please VPN integrated like in my old E71 Backup.
Here i can put the same accespoint twice. One with VPN activated.

Hopedfully it comes with sailfish 2.0

Last edited by chilango; 2015-07-23 at 16:31.

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Lisbon, Portugal
Still rocking my N9, the original UI and the several updates and tools created by the community make it so I still can't use another OS without starting to grind my teeth as to why they make some things very difficult, ugly, complicated, or not allowed, and then I reach for the N9 on my other pocket...

I was never that interested in Jolla after seeing their UI. And the N9 has proper offline navigation...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tigas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 245 | Thanked: 233 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Ljubljana, Slovenia
I'll probably switch to Lumia 830 in next few weeks -- the problem lies in amount of email accounts I have to manage -- 5 exchange and 3 gmails, no viber and tresorit, that company choose over skype and dropbox.

So many accounts were too much for poor N9 and when removed all email and messaging except SMS/MMS, no syncing whatsoever, it's snappy again.

As for Jolla -- it excells as wifi hotspot/modem + I use it for geocaching. With no voice calls and only data transfer battery seems to last forever.

Have no intention to sell N9, will join E7 and N900 in my hall of fame

The Following User Says Thank You to sponka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 13 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ Stockholm, Sweden
I'm still looking for a phone that really works for me. I have quite small hands so the Jolla is a bit too big for me to use with only one hand. Do love the Alien Dalvik. Would love to see similar frameworks on more mobiles. But, in a way I think that is bad for the native development. If you can run the android version why should the company develop a special Jolla version when the user base is so small?
Also, I was late and too poor to get a TOHKBD.

Love the keyboard on the N900 but it's a bit heavy and the battery could last longer. Oh, and small ram. But it's a tractor. It will keep going. Not very fast, but you'll probably get there in the end.

Just bought a used N9 the other day and haven't gotten it delivered yet so I can't say anything about it :-) But I hope the smaller size will work better for me.

When it comes to size on a phone my personal favourite is probably The Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro. 3" screen and a decent keyboard. Hopeless to run android with only 512MB ram though. Even with just a few apps running you're in swapping hell.</IMHO>

Instead of making larger and larger mobile phones I wish someone would make something a bit more mobile. But since Jolla is going for a tablet I don't have high hopes that they will do it.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjukfan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 19 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Switzerland
Still keeping my N9... well, actually I just bought a used N9 64GB and ordered a full housing white and a replacement battery. After trying Sailfish on my 2nd (3rd...) N9, i decided to stick to Meego-Harmattan and N9:

1/ Ideal size and coherent design (HW and SW)
2/ Powersaving screenmode & billboard
3/ Offline navigation
4/ Notifications

Looking for how to configure VPN...

And I don't really miss a keyboard (I've got used to Swype), my N900 sleeps next to my E7...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tcheupa For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla phone, nokia n9