Code:
http://blog.ebuddy.com/index.php/ebuddy-blog/ebuddy-xms-for-blackberry-2-0-introducing-group-messaging/
BB also got group messaging support 2 days ago. Meego/Symbian inbound?

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ lebanon
Originally Posted by Nad View Post
Code:
http://blog.ebuddy.com/index.php/ebuddy-blog/ebuddy-xms-for-blackberry-2-0-introducing-group-messaging/
BB also got group messaging support 2 days ago. Meego/Symbian inbound?
i think this is as far as the meego version will get

Last edited by ADRENALINE; 2012-05-10 at 10:25.

Originally Posted by ADRENALINE View Post
i think this is as as the meego version will get
Hmm, beta is still v1.0.1031.81-41 and has been for a while. I hope not because I would take a proper supported client over a reverse engineered one any day if it supports group chat and media messaging!

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ lebanon
been counting on the push notifications of the app and its been quiet for almost a day no one sent me anything so i opened the application and WTF i had conversations from the day before not delivered untill i manually opened XMS
(i know that some wise guy will come up and say do you have an active data or wifi connection?? yes i do.)

been counting on the push notifications of the app and its been quiet for almost a day no one sent me anything so i opened the application and WTF i had conversations from the day before not delivered untill i manually opened XMS
(i know that some wise guy will come up and say do you have an active data or wifi connection?? yes i do.)
The same happens to me.

Posts: 120 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Switzerland
And again... same happened to me already a couple times. Fresh install of XMS (account reset, removing all XMS user files), works a few days or even weeks, but all the sudden push notifications don't arrive anymore...

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Best way to describe XMS in its current state is: Sporadic functionality.

Sometimes you get push, sometimes you dont. I've upset people who declare they have messaged me and i've ignored it when in reality i havent opened the app for days. For now im sticking to SMS's as XMS offers nothing unique (no group chat, no file sharing etc). Of course international SMS is a different thing.

Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
More choices can't hurt. Wazapp is an unofficial client and it may be blocked by the server so it may become a cat and mouse game. What I don't like about Wazapp is that the whole app is dependent on 1 person who keeps it closed source. If he loses interest the whole thing is shelved. But eBuddy's lack of priority for MeeGo is also troubling. The situation isn't good for both apps at the moment.
The app has to be closed source. Releasing the source code will allow WhatsApp to see how it works and then will make it easy for them to block (if they are bothered)

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Dear all,

thank you for testing eBuddy XMS for Meego.

I wanted to let you know that we're going to do bug fixing in the nearest future. Unfortunately, I can't give you more precise information on the dates.

Please keep an eye on our updates.

Best regards,
Aleksandra

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aleksandra For This Useful Post:
Posts: 120 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Switzerland
We'll do! Thank you Aleksandra