Notices

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
Originally Posted by GameboyRMH View Post
My game saves never gave trouble. They're stored in ~/.d1x-rebirth/ with the format playername.sg#
Found it. Turns out my $HOME/.d1x-rebirth/<name>.sg0 file was owned by root. Fixed it.

Anyone else out there had a problem getting the accelerometer to work? Still stuck on that one....

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
Originally Posted by cddiede View Post
Found it. Turns out my $HOME/.d1x-rebirth/<name>.sg0 file was owned by root. Fixed it.

Anyone else out there had a problem getting the accelerometer to work? Still stuck on that one....
Got it. I had neglected to run /opt/maemo/usr/bin/accelemymote.sh at least once to set up the service.

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
Exams done, so you finally get a new release :P

The path to the Accelemymote trigger file was changed, so it didn't start at all. I've fixed this in the new version (Yeah it's still 5maemo2, should be called 5maemo3 correctly but I forgot that I already released 5maemo2 that wasn't uploaded to extras-devel ).
Uploading to extras-devel worked fine this time - without changing anything. Looks like the problem was solved there

The Following User Says Thank You to LordNelson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
I have a Spanish keyboard so in order to use up/down arrows for the menus I have to switch to US keyboard before launching the game.

It would be very useful if the change to english keyboard was made by the application as in PrBoom and other games.

The Following User Says Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 42 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Fairport, NY, USA
Any chance of a Diablo build? The n810 should have more horsepower then the i486 66Mhz I used to play D1 on.

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
I have a Spanish keyboard so in order to use up/down arrows for the menus I have to switch to US keyboard before launching the game.

It would be very useful if the change to english keyboard was made by the application as in PrBoom and other games.
You can use the Volume keys for navigating up/down in the menu.

Originally Posted by jwernerny View Post
Any chance of a Diablo build? The n810 should have more horsepower then the i486 66Mhz I used to play D1 on.
At least not by me since I only have a N900, someone with a N810 could do that though (Maybe yourself? .

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LordNelson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 49 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Cape Town, South Africa
Man, I'm so happy to see this game from my past. I have a big request though...
Is there any patient person out there that can post clear and simple steps for getting this game to install and run on my N900. I'm really an UN-advanced user and would really love to play the game.. Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by doonit View Post
Man, I'm so happy to see this game from my past. I have a big request though...
Is there any patient person out there that can post clear and simple steps for getting this game to install and run on my N900. I'm really an UN-advanced user and would really love to play the game.. Thanks in advance.
1. Add the extras-devel repo, make sure it's enabled:

http://wiki.maemo.org/Extras-devel#H...e_Extras-devel

2. Open a terminal and enter "rootsh apt-get install d1x-rebirth" (I think you can also install it through the GUI app manager as normal, but if you have rootsh installed this is faster)

3. Disable the extras-devel repo

4. Put the game files descent.hog and descent.pig (the game won't work unless those filenames are all lowercase!) in /opt/d1x-rebirth/

5. Enjoy! (Setting up music is more complicated, read through the thread for that)

Last edited by GameboyRMH; 2010-10-01 at 00:24.

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Cape Town, South Africa
Please excuse me for being stupid, but do I CREATE descent.hog and descent.pig or do I find them already existent within the file system. I've searched around and cant see them anywhere.
As I said earlier, I'm a beginner. I'm trying to learn as fast as possible but find that a lot of the instructions here still go WAY over my head.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
@doonit
Sorry for offtopic, but please read the extras devel warning and take it to your heart.
http://wiki.maemo.org/Extras-devel

And to your question. PLEASE read thread where you are posting. MOST importantly the FIRST message.
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=640717&postcount=1