Active Topics

Notices

Graphical versions of Nethack usually sit on top of an ASCII core. If no binary, maybe theirs allows running with --help or other options. Nethack's been ported to every possible machine out there (not sure, maybe apple policies prevent it from happening on iMachines), qemu 386 debian binary if you must, ascii should be easily emulated. DiabloRL is a question of porting freepascal, not at all an easy task
DoomRL - there is a slight chance of seeing this around, possibly with sound. If it would compile to fremantle, diablo version should be doable
TOME should work, versions from before ui rewrite at least, I hope.

Last edited by szopin; 2011-09-16 at 23:50. Reason: lol

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Aapo: could you have a look at mangband (mangband.org)? It's a multiplayer variant of angband. It does compile, though quite a lot of warnings show up. Still, X11 seems to be the problem. Game starts, pulls a list of servers available, allows selecting race/stats/class but after logging in and splash screen from the server it crashes (starting map shows up for a pico-second):

X Error of failed request: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
Major opcode of failed request: 137 (MIT-SHM)
Minor opcode of failed request: 3 (X_ShmPutImage)
Value in failed request: 0x1e2
Serial number of failed request: 631
Current serial number in output stream: 632

Tried ./configure --disable-x11, but it doesn't seem to change anything. --disable-sdl version crashes instantly.

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
I think you can simply telnet to nix.synchro.net for one option on this.

The Following User Says Thank You to Addison For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Aapo: could you have a look at mangband (mangband.org)?
Did you follow this:
http://mangband.org/Main/HowToCompile

i.e. svn version?

I got game running (svn), but it doesn't respect --width 800 --height 480--fullscreen and Fn is not working.

Code:
./configure --without-sdl --without-x11
will compile curses only, where Fn works. If font size is too big it will not start, and changing font size affects only after refresh.

And yes, there are many warnings (mainly about unsigned/signed char)

The Following User Says Thank You to AapoRantalainen For This Useful Post:
Yup followed that. Hmmm... did respect --width/height (the example with hex fontalso resulted in smaller font). For fullscreen tweak main-sdl.c (also width/height can be hardcoded there).
Greatest news is: curses works! Connects and shows map. Sweeet. Now to give it VI keys and will be awesome multiplayer roguelike fun.
(on a side note: beginning to suspect your libsdl-image might be behind the error reported. Also happened to me when force-closing little big adventure, kind of suspicious coincidence (never seen it before and relates to images), going to revert to standard sdl libs and try compiling this again to confirm)
Thanks!