Posts: 35 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Brazil
Unable to update the MAPS, but at NOKIA SUITE. Maps that had removed all the apparatus after the N9 itself Suite downloaded again.

The question now is: In this forum, the list of POIs comes along or I need to do that part?

And also like to know when the maps are updated?

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Zürich, Switzerland
Hi everybody,

I just flashed my N9 and discovered that i cannot download the maps anymore from the application. I tried this script but it doesn't download the map. Are there any new links or news about it.

Any help is appreciated, as always,

Cheers,

The Following User Says Thank You to jmsarriat For This Useful Post:
Can someone advice me please? I try to catch maps/voices files for Nokia/Here Drive but the trick with fiddler isn't helpe me in case of WP. So the question is how can I trace decripted GET request from WP to nokia/ovi/ms site? I mean how can I get direct links to Nokia/Here drive offline maps for WP? I think it's newer than dropped off Symbian/Meego maps and still updated.

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 385 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Madrid, Spain
Hi.
You should try to tell your WP to use another host as a default router. In that host you can then sniff all the traffic coming/going from/to the WP.
Also you must setup ip masquerading in the intermediate host so that all dialogues between Nokia-HERE and the WP work properly.
This is not a trivial issue.
I suppose that it is not easy to configure a WP with a manually-set default router ip address.
Regards.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pasko For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pasko View Post
Hi.
You should try to tell your WP to use another host as a default router. In that host you can then sniff all the traffic coming/going from/to the WP.
Also you must setup ip masquerading in the intermediate host so that all dialogues between Nokia-HERE and the WP work properly.
This is not a trivial issue.
I suppose that it is not easy to configure a WP with a manually-set default router ip address.
Regards.
Well I think it's not so trivia to me and I can't do this due to my weak skills. But I check versions.xml file from Nokia Drive (WP7.X) and it's equal to Meego version. There is hope for newer Here Drive (WP8.X) maps but I don't think I can get it. Anyway thank you.

Last edited by hood; 2014-05-31 at 23:17.

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
What is the file format of Here Maps on N9? Can these files be read with other applications than N9 Maps/Drive? Are the files encrypted some way?

I was thinking if it would be possible to use the N9 to download the map files and then transfer them to Jolla for offline use (OK, this would probably violate the license terms of N9 maps and there is also no application for Jolla to open the files but let's not go there yet...).

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Hmm why cant some people download maps?
Just started using my N9 after my Jolla died, and maps downloads fine from maps application ?

Posts: 128 | Thanked: 105 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Hungary
are there any chance to download never offline maps than 0.2.50.103?

The Following User Says Thank You to ViBE For This Useful Post:
Posts: 35 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by ViBE View Post
are there any chance to download never offline maps than 0.2.50.103?
I think it's the latest version even.

Posts: 509 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Mexico/Germany
No. Since March 2015 is 2.54.xxx

The Following User Says Thank You to chilango For This Useful Post: