Active Topics

Hi!

I experience some issues with wifi connection. It generally works but quite often disconnects and immediately reconnects.

This happends even if I'm close to my router, when for example I'm browsing the internet, sometimes after I wake up the phone. By "this" I mean messages like "disconnected", "connected" (sometimes just "connected" with no previous "disconnected") and of course lack of connection for a short while.

I have device with Sailfish 1.0.1.12. I didn't have any problems with wifi on other devices (Xperia, N9).

Anyone experiencing similiar issues? Any hints how to debug this?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to klippe For This Useful Post:
It can be router related. In the past I had an old and quite bad router which used to drop connections often for certain WiFi cards (not all) in WPA2 mode. I replaced it with recent D-Link DIR-825 and those issues were gone. If your issue occurs with any router, then it's likely Jolla related.

If you can, try also installing alternative OS on your router (such as OpenWRT). That can sometimes help to solve these issues, since they can be software related. Be careful with this though, it can brick it or otherwise make it impossible to easily revert. Research this thoroughly first.

Last edited by shmerl; 2013-12-18 at 18:41.

The Following User Says Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Same here. I just received my Jolla, but I've noticed it a few times now. I'm using a FritzBox 7270 with up-to-date firmware, 2.4GHz 11n, in an overcrowded ether. (Why doesn't Jolla support 5GHz?)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzillogic For This Useful Post:
Thanks shmerl for hints. I have TP-Link TL-WR1043ND router, that didn't cause any problems so far. I also have some other router (something branded by my internet provider) so I have now connected my Jolla to it and.. we will see if there's any change.

Last edited by klippe; 2013-12-18 at 20:31.

The Following User Says Thank You to klippe For This Useful Post:
I'm having the same problems with two routers - one at home and one at work. both are Fritz ! boxes.

The Following User Says Thank You to Casanunda For This Useful Post:
Posts: 72 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ Finland
I have this kind of problem: My Jolla does stay connected to my home wifi, but it stops working after some time, there is no internet traffic at all. I have to manually disable and re-enable wifi for it to work again. So I just gave up on wifi and am now only using 3G.

The Following User Says Thank You to Miharin For This Useful Post:
After a day of using Jolla with my other router I must say that the problem with wifi is still there

The Following User Says Thank You to klippe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 539 | Thanked: 518 times | Joined on May 2010 @ nanaurbusiness
Hi there,
glad to hear that I'm not alone. I'm also using a TL-WR1043ND (with custom firmware - DD-WRT v24-sp2)

I tested all possible WiFi security settings, but I only got a stable connection to Jolla when I set Wireless Security setting to "disabled".
Another strange thing is, since my router is normally set to "WPA2 Personal" with AES. If I enable Virtual WiFi Hotspot on my notebook Jolla won't even connect even though the created hotspot is WPA2 Personal, too.

But back to the main problem and the connection dropouts. Could these be related to some sort of battery saving stuff, something like turn off WiFi when in standby etc...

Btw. My IroN900 connected fine to this setup since day one!

Regards,

J4ZZ

N900 ~ $ make me a sandwich
-bash: no, make it yourself
N900 ~ $ sudo make me a sandwich
-bash: ok then...

Last edited by J4ZZ; 2013-12-21 at 18:42.

Posts: 513 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Sweden
My jphone reconnects also with wpa2 so something is not quite right.
But the WM7 "horse" has a blood lineage tracing back to donkeys such as WM6.5, 6.1, 6.0, 5.1 that was fully neglected for too many years and Microsoft did sweet F all to maintain it (still running on Pocket IE4/6!!).

Originally Posted by Miharin View Post
I have this kind of problem: My Jolla does stay connected to my home wifi, but it stops working after some time, there is no internet traffic at all. I have to manually disable and re-enable wifi for it to work again. So I just gave up on wifi and am now only using 3G.
I have the same problem. DLINK DIR-655 with WPA2.