Active Topics

Originally Posted by loukkis View Post
It is not nationalistic issue, but you have to look both ways to find the point of my post. You started generalization so i just followed your example.

I can safely say that Nokia has a great support organisation compared to other players. If i drop my N900 and screen breaks, I drive 12 kilometres to a little town(population 35000) and choose which one of the two repair shops I bring it in. If I'm lucky there is no queue and I get my phone back same day, and if there is long queue I might have to wait week to get it fixed. Any spare parts would be available immediatly or at least next business day.

If I break Motorola phone, it takes months to get it fixed, I think that they does not even repair Motorolas here. I know that they don't fix Apple in whole country as those are sent to some other country to fix. So Nokia has superior support organization. Don't you think same way?

As you can see, we have different kind of support organization and we have different kind of opinion about Nokia's support. I say it is great and you say it sucks. I'm right and you are wrong.

I'm sorry if you don't understand my examples and you cannot read between the lines, my english is quite bad.
I live in California.
I recently was forced to send my N900 in for repair due to a couple of issues.
Not sure what happened, whether it was physical damage or a software issue, but I could no longer turn it on.

I also had an issue of "white spots" on the screen that other users have experienced too, so I mentioned this in a letter as well. I had not sent the device in previously for this issue because I always assumed it would take at least a month to get it back.

I was impressed with Nokias customer service.
I called them, told them my issues. They immediately emailed me a UPS 2nd day shipping label.

I mailed it 2 days later, they received it in 1-2 days. (This went to a repair center in Alabama)
They took care of all problems, including replacing the LCD display.
and mailed it back to me within 4 days. This is the schedule of how things went right from the nokia "repair status" page:

Current Status Shipped Repaired Original Phone
08/16/10 Repair in Progress
08/13/10 Awaiting Parts
08/12/10 Received
08/09/10 Pending Receipt by the Repair Center

I got the N900 back in my hands on the morning of the 18th.

It took exactly 1 week from the time I mailed it, to the time I received it back in my hands.

Overall impressed.

Last edited by dantonic; 2010-08-20 at 23:45.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dantonic For This Useful Post: