My meamo got reboot problem. But I can access Nitdroid, it was working fine. I can access emmc and internal storage. I need to backup all my contacts and messages before reflash. Which is the folder?
Is that copying files will work on after reflash ?
Please help me...

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 518 times | Joined on May 2010 @ nanaurbusiness
Save
Code:
/home/user/.osso-abook
and its content for phonebook
and
Code:
/home/user/.rtcom-eventlogger
for messages.
el-v1.db contains sms and addressbook.db holds contacts.

Btw: If you just reflash combined image sms and contacts will stay intact.

Greetz,

J4ZZ

Last edited by J4ZZ; 2012-04-16 at 23:31.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J4ZZ For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by J4ZZ View Post
Save
Code:
/home/user/.osso-abook
and its content for phonebook
and
Code:
/home/user/.rtcom-eventlogger
for messages.
el-v1.db contains sms and addressbook.db holds contacts.

Btw: If you just reflash combined image sms and contacts will stay intact.

Greetz,

J4ZZ
Thanks for the reply,
1 doubt, how to reflash combined image ?

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 518 times | Joined on May 2010 @ nanaurbusiness
While talking about flashing, there are exactly two distinct processes and related files (also called images) frequently mentioned:
(flashing the) FIASCO aka *COMBINED*, also referred to as "rootfs" though this file and flashing process also consists of / affects NOLO bootloader (the several stages), the kernel, and usually the GSM modem firmware, in addition to the root filesystem which is basically the content of your 240 MB NAND flash storage and implements the Linux operating system.
(flashing the) eMMC aka *VANILLA*, which will replace the complete content of N900's internal 32 GB eMMC storage (embedded MMC), which is: the /home partition which has your stored browser passwords and game highscores and calendar and contacts etc. /home is also containing /opt. Plus eMMC stores all the content of the MyDocs 28 GB VFAT partition, where all the media and docs and other user content lives.
Often people use the term "firmware" for either or both of those images. It's misleading.

Flashing the rootfs on your N900 will reset the device's linux system back to factory settings, meaning all additional applications will vanish, and some configuration details (e.g. LED patterns) are reset to the original configuration, with the exception of the lock code; if you have already set a custom lock code, it will remain intact, instead of reverting to the default "12345." Also, all information contained in /home (except /home/opt) will remain intact. This means the information stored in /home/user/MyDocs which is the area visible in the default file manager (or when connecting to a computer), will remain intact. Your external memory (microSD), will also be unaffected.

Flashing the eMMC and rootfs on your N900 will completely reset the device to factory settings, reverting everything to factory settings, including /home with all (app-)preferences, bookmarks, contacts, communications, but again, excluding the external memory on micro-SD card and the lockcode. (you MUST flash rootfs as well, when flashing eMMC (because of /opt deletion)

It is strongly advised you regularly use the Backup application to create backups of your settings and data to a safe storage. You will want to configure the Backup application in such a way it stores the backups to your microSD card - alternatively when creating manual backup of MyDocs as suggested below, backups stored to default location "N900" will be included and thus safe.
Then read
Updating/re-flashing the firmware using the Flasher

Cheers,

J4ZZ

Last edited by J4ZZ; 2012-04-17 at 14:28.

The Following User Says Thank You to J4ZZ For This Useful Post:
Have a related question, what's the best way to backup N900 contacts so that they can be restored to other Nokias such as N8/N9, and N900 as well? I guess there aren't too many options, it is either PC or OVI suite so really the question is which one?

I owned my N900 close to 2 years now, so far so good and have no plans to replace it with something else, but if it dies I'll likely buy the N9 or have my wife give me her N8 in exchange for something more mainstream, so I want to make sure I don't lose my 200 or so contacts, it will be a major PITA to re-enter them

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 1,292 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tartus.Syria
Originally Posted by alexms View Post
My meamo got reboot problem. But I can access Nitdroid, it was working fine. I can access emmc and internal storage. I need to backup all my contacts and messages before reflash. Which is the folder?
Is that copying files will work on after reflash ?
Please help me...
just saying this to prevent getting in this problem again !.
that happened with you because root space was full because of :

1- installing many applicatins
2- having nitdroid
3- not cleaning and removing unneeded packages
4- or extracting some archives in the wrong place

so be careful with your maemo

somebody correct me if im wrong . but that happened with me once and that was the reason

./sifo
https://www.facebook.com/ZoRk7