Notices

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
Whats up on irandroid
Lots of frustration, mainly. If you ignore the UI issues, Qt for Android works perfectly; I've been controlling TVs and set-top boxes just fine with my Android test device for a couple of months now. But the UI just isn't there yet.

Lots of pieces of the Qt UI are working; most of Qt Widgets work just fine (and even support Android theming to a limited extent); and QML is getting close to complete functionality. But Qt is still isolated from the standard Android UI components: you can't use the layout system, you can't access the Action Bar, you can't create standard Android dialog boxes or use the "toast" mechanism. For me, the most annoying item is that Android's screen hierarchy works in a manner almost identical to Maemo's stackable windows, which is something I use pretty heavily in Pierogi. I hate having to ditch that part of the UI when it should be able to work right out of the box...

I've been trying to squeeze Pierogi into a new UI, with one main window and a lot of dialog boxes. I've managed to cobble together a Qt dialog box that looks a little like an actual Android dialog box, and put together a fake action bar at the bottom of the window. Hopefully, I'll be able to get something usable put together soon...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Lanterne 0.5.9 is now making its way up into extras-devel. This version features an option to lock the screen when the camera cover is closed. Also, the UI has been tweaked a bit, particularly the Morse Code panel; I've moved the dot duration control off to the preferences panel, and moved the rest of the UI around a bit, to provide a little more space for entering text.

Please tell me what you think, and as always, watch out for bugs!
i am on v0.5.6 i cannot find it in the repos the 900 is pretty messed up can you share the deb please

i am on v0.5.6 i cannot find it in the repos the 900 is pretty messed up can you share the deb please
Ok, I put a copy of version 0.5.10 in the first post in this thread. (I don't currently have a clean copy of the 0.5.11 deb, as I've been messing with Lanterne lately; I'm hoping to have a new update out at some point...)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Ok, I put a copy of version 0.5.10 in the first post in this thread. (I don't currently have a clean copy of the 0.5.11 deb, as I've been messing with Lanterne lately; I'm hoping to have a new update out at some point...)
thanks

can we get a sneak peak on .11

can we get a sneak peak on .11
I'm a little nervous about mentioning anything here, as I'm trying something I've never done before. I have no idea whether it will work. I may have to just rip it out of the code and go back to the baseline Lanterne...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
light sensor works as excepted well serving my usecase though its slow/sensitive cant figure out now

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
I'm a little nervous about mentioning anything here, as I'm trying something I've never done before. I have no idea whether it will work. I may have to just rip it out of the code and go back to the baseline Lanterne...
greasy stuff holding till product launch ,well then

LiFi? ten chars
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
moo moo mooo mooo moooo

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
moo moo mooo mooo moooo
You, my friend, need a holiday.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:

Tags
flashlight, lanterne, morse code, nokia n900, strobe light, torch