Poll: If you got two same phones only screen differs what screen will you choose
Poll Options
If you got two same phones only screen differs what screen will you choose

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by nicholes View Post
should i say.......

"It's great to see CAPACITIVE won??, but seriously? 31 people? lol hahah good luck in persuading the phone makers to make CAPACITIVE touch on their device..

at least resistive has more votes as compare to capasitive
Let's make another poll, man.
Do one about n900 taking over the entire smartphone AND mobile computer industry. Pit it against the iPhone. It will surely win here!
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Well, I recently had to convert to capacitive. My personal experience from these two screens is that the N900 resistive screen is much better for one thing than the ZTE Blade's capacitive. That one thing is input. Which is what this whole c vs r war is about, yes?

On the N900 I didn't have to zoom in to click links, on the Blade I haven't even once managed to click the right link in the first attempt, even after zooming in. The accuracy levels are beyond comparison, and I really, really miss my stylus. Screw capacitive. It sucks. It's all a big Apple hoax to make everyone else look bad. Once the last resistive screen is dead, Apple will surprise everyone and arrive with the first Super Accurate Hybrid screen.

Last edited by volt; 2011-04-19 at 09:23.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to volt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Let's make another poll, man.
Do one about n900 taking over the entire smartphone AND mobile computer industry. Pit it against the iPhone. It will surely win here!
Honest to god, all humor aside.
Do it, and the Iphone votes will identify the number of Iphone apostles on this site, paid or just trolls. This site is a Maemo operating system forum. Anyone who picks Maemo, has to pick it over the more obvious iOS. If you end up actively promoting iOS over Maemo here despite that, you're either seriously confused over where you are, or have an interest in damaging Maemo.

This would go for any other forum as well, the number of votes against iOS on an iOS forum would also suggest the same in reverse.

Sometimes, the question "why are you even here?" has no legit answer.

Originally Posted by volt View Post
Well, I recently had to convert to capacitive. My personal experience from these two screens is that the N900 resistive screen is much better for one thing than the ZTE Blade's capacitive. That one thing is input. Which is what this whole c vs r war is about, yes?

On the N900 I didn't have to zoom in to click links, on the Blade I haven't even once managed to click the right link in the first attempt, even after zooming in. The accuracy levels are beyond comparison, and I really, really miss my stylus. Screw capacitive. It sucks. It's all a big Apple hoax to make everyone else look bad. Once the last resistive screen is dead, Apple will surprise everyone and arrive with the first Super Accurate Hybrid screen.
Nice post, but a scary post. Seriously. I almost start to hyperventilate when I think I'll eventually have to go to a capacitive, non-stylus screen full time. And the capacitive experience doesn't get much better than an Apple iOS product. Which I have! I'm freaking out.

For right handers, Nokia perfected the stylus holder location with the n900.

Originally Posted by daperl View Post
I almost start to hyperventilate when I think I'll eventually have to go to a capacitive, non-stylus screen full time. And the capacitive experience doesn't get much better than an Apple iOS product. Which I have! I'm freaking out.
I am so sorry

I was going to say 'Relax, at least find some comfort in the fact that I am comparing an expensive Nokia with a really cheap ZTE', but then you already have experience with what is generally considered top notch.

Not every tech marketing trend is in the interest of all the consumers.

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
I also think the screen coating is really important. Just compare the Xperia X10 to iPhone 4. Both are capacitive but one is much more smoother and more responsive than the other.
Out of interest, as I've not tried either of them, which one of those two is smoothest and most responsive?

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by volt View Post
Honest to god, all humor aside.
Do it, and the Iphone votes will identify the number of Iphone apostles on this site, paid or just trolls. This site is a Maemo operating system forum. Anyone who picks Maemo, has to pick it over the more obvious iOS. If you end up actively promoting iOS over Maemo here despite that, you're either seriously confused over where you are, or have an interest in damaging Maemo.
The point was that these polls wouldn't have real impact to the market.

Sometimes, the question "why are you even here?" has no legit answer.
Some of us keep up with multiple platforms for work/fun/inane reasons.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
The point was that these polls wouldn't have real impact to the market.
Well.. nothing we do will have a real impact on life anyway.. better if we all did harakiri on our self.

The point of this thread was to see what ppl preferred given the option, not to change the market.

Make your desktop look awesome - use the AwOken Theme with the AwOken Icon Theme.

Add me on twitter @almehdin
Visit the swedish maemo/meego community forums

The Following User Says Thank You to AlMehdi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
Originally Posted by AlMehdi View Post
Well.. nothing we do will have a real impact on life anyway.. better if we all did harakiri on our self.

The point of this thread was to see what ppl preferred given the option, not to change the market.
that's a great point i always wanted to say something like that.

and of course this thread is not going to change the market (lol).

as far as iPhone and android forums are concern , the result may be differ but this is just because they have not used any resistive screen ( that is what i believe ) so they don't know what is the magic!!!!

Posts: 561 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
Resistive y multitouch and ability to measure pressure.

Tags
capacitive, compare, resistive, screen