Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by minimos View Post
I'd like to vote, but I can't, as I can't permanently modify the obsolete email address recorded in my maemo.org account.
Is there something I can do or somebody I can contact to in order to get that fixed?
Can you not change your e-mail address in the user interface? It should be pretty simple to do. If not, please PM me here and give me the information needed. I will forward it to the appropriate person.

The Following User Says Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
Can you not change your e-mail address in the user interface? It should be pretty simple to do. If not, please PM me here and give me the information needed. I will forward it to the appropriate person.
There exists a bug that affects some people's maemo.org accounts including mine. Though the website accepts email address changes and initially shows the change as successful, it reverts the change a short time later.

There was a bug for this somewhere in Bugzilla, though I don't think anyone ever convinced Nemein the problem is real.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
9797 (and a few others listed there). The comments suggest that changes might work better if done via garage.maemo.org instead.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Thanks. The change from garage.maemo.org seems to work (and it also asks for a confirmation email), but it does not immediately change also the maemo.org account, and so the 'get token' button on voting page doesn't yet recognize the new address.
I don't know how the different systems are kept in sync, maybe it needs some time to propagate the change, so for now I'll wait a bit and try again a bit later.

Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
The plan never been to leave, the idea was to allow extension of nomination period so others can join in and community gets a decent election and an elected by votes council. Now that woody did "the right thing" in my opinion (Many many thanks, woody!), I hardly can hold up my withdrawal since it did what it been meant for. So count me in for council again
Joerg,

with all the back and forth i had completely overseen that you had in fact validly applied as candidate for Council already.
Candidate declarations updated in good order i hope.
apologises for the delay.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
I don't know how the different systems are kept in sync, maybe it needs some time to propagate the change, so for now I'll wait a bit and try again a bit later.
Ok, so almost 24h later, even though now maemo.org, GMO, TMO and also the wiki account are all updated with correct email address, the 'get token' tool on vote page still doesn't accept the combination of my username + new email (but it doesn't barf at username + old email).
Perhaps it has a static copy of the accounts, built when election were announced?

The Following User Says Thank You to minimos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Perhaps it has a static copy of the accounts, built when election were announced?
It is, in fact, just that. I've sent a mail off to the maintainer with a request to either update your listing the election table, or mail you your token at the new address. Thanks for your patience.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
For those who haven't checked e-mail, you should have received your voting token for Board elections, or will be getting it soon.
I still haven't received mine oddly enough....
I linked my maemo.org acct to my TMO one about 18-days ago & seem to have enough Karma.
(weirdly doesn't seem to have included my mediawiki edits, only some very minor ones admittedly)

If you don't get it within the next few hours, you may want to check your spam filter, your Maemo.org e-mail address, and/or go to the vote page and ask for your token to be re-sent to you. (There's an additional button on the login page for this purpose.)
Can someone please link to this "voting page"?
I had a look at the OP & can see no link, or in earlier posts going back a few pages in this thread.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-10-17 at 10:59.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Can someone please link to this "voting page"?
I had a look at the OP & can see no link, or in earlier posts going back a few pages in this thread.
http://maemo.org/vote/

OR direct link to BoD Q4, 2012 elections:

http://maemo.org/vote/vote.php?election_id=28

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Okay trying to retrieve token but all I get is.......
The e-mail address and username you gave do not match an existing voter, or you have already voted.
I've logged into maemo.org to check my email addy, but I can't see where it tells you what email address you used, any ideas? TIA.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-10-17 at 11:38.