Notices

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 90 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Bologna
Hi guys,
I met recently the draft of this "N900 Notifier", which are nothing more than two scripts provided to show on our desktop of our computer through pop-up receiving calls and sms.
The project consists of these two scripts, one for PC and one for n900, they must be changed and activated through terminal.
Me and Veleno (two "fake" Italian programs), we studied a simple graphical interface for both scripts, here I am attaching screenshots of applications and their deb.

PC:

N900:

Ok, sorry for my very bad english, any question, suggestion and critical are accepted
Attached Files
File Type: deb NotifierN900-debian-1.0en.deb (2.9 KB, 120 views)
File Type: deb notifier-gui_1.0.0-1_all.deb (4.9 KB, 104 views)

Last edited by incrys; 2010-11-21 at 00:31.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to incrys For This Useful Post:
Hi all,
I just want to inform you that if you are interested at the N900 version translated in english, will release the other day.
In the meantime you can install this version, is very intuitive to use and then update to english version

Regards

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
A screeny when the program is running would be nice.. Will it notify on everything or just some parts of events on the n900?

Make your desktop look awesome - use the AwOken Theme with the AwOken Icon Theme.

Add me on twitter @almehdin
Visit the swedish maemo/meego community forums

But this does not appear in the main post?

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
I assume the comment "..."N900 Notifier", which are nothing more than two scripts..." is just because of non being native english speaking
It sounds bad and I'm sure it doesn't mean what you wanted to say.

Should also link back to the original material you are using:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/n900notifier/
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=64647

Hope you join scottuss and provide a nice solution.

The "Which Are Nothing More Than Two scripts" did not want to belittle the work of the developer, but is "because of non being native english speaking"... I prefer to read it... However, I did not mention the project site because I thought it was known and I did not even contacted scottuss, because it is simply a GUI, I did not totally steal the job, but I just wanted to help... If I am ready even bothered to delete this work from the talk, I did it mostly for me, it seemed right to share it with others...

The Following User Says Thank You to incrys For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Don't take my words in the wrong way. In the first post you asked for comments and criticism and I wanted to help you correct the wrongly said description as well as add more info to help users get more from your work. that's all.

Thanks for sharing.

The Following User Says Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
In this case, let me apologize. And thank you for your help!

can i use this notifier in windows pc? if yes then how as there isn't any .exe file ??!