Hello, I'm wondering if anybody has any suggestions for getting the absolute most possible battery life out of the N8x0. (I have a N810)

Basically I'm interested to see what the max possible time I can get out of it on a single charge is, it doesn't matter what functionality I have to lose, I just want the longest life time achievable.

Some things I've already tried include activating "offline mode" which apparently disables wifi and bluetooth. I also unchecked the "enable gps" button, but I have no idea if this really has any effect since I don't know if the GPS is actually used while not in the mapping software. I also disabled all of my desktop applets which added about 3 hours(!) of battery life. Does switching to a blank background (i.e. the '(none)' option) improve battery life at all? Even if it's only slightly it would still be worth it if it actually did.

Please give me your ideas and suggestions!

Last edited by CyberCat; 2008-01-25 at 01:48.

Posts: 643 | Thanked: 628 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Seattle (or thereabouts)
It would reduce memory requirements, so it *might, theoretically* in certain circumstances help. Removing SD cards might give you a little more time as well. How much do you feel like hacking around on the Linux command line? Stopping metalayer-crawler0 might help. I have no idea what side effects it may have but at worst you can reboot your tablet to get it back.

The Following User Says Thank You to Johnx For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Johnx View Post
It would reduce memory requirements, so it *might, theoretically* in certain circumstances help. Removing SD cards might give you a little more time as well. How much do you feel like hacking around on the Linux command line? Stopping metalayer-crawler0 might help. I have no idea what side effects it may have but at worst you can reboot your tablet to get it back.
If it improves battery life I'm all for it. Just tell me what to do!

I'm more interested in this from a "theoretical" point of view. I'm hoping to achieve 8 hours of continuous usage on a single charge. (I'm already up to 7!)