Originally Posted by Sentinel1705 View Post
Coming from computer engineering and code in high school, yes.
But I guess that is why I'm not rich huh?
Yeah, I guess I should have said, don't release it correctly the first time IF you want to make obscene amounts of money.

Originally Posted by Sentinel1705 View Post

I had high hopes for the next generation of iTouch beyond the obvious increase in capacity.

This is not a "next gen" iPod Touch. this is still a 1st gen, just with more memory. If they had added flash support, I'd be tempted, but not for $500 lol.

still need to wait for a 2nd gen touch.

Originally Posted by mike-y View Post
This is not a "next gen" iPod Touch.
I never said this was "next gen" I said Apple has released new, higher-capacity models, which is exactly what they have done.

At the risk of sounding like an obsessed parrot

The reportedly cost-effective Terabyte flash RAM coming next year will relegate these "new" models (and memory-size debates) to the Goodwill bins (right next to all the old Zip drives).

Originally Posted by lad View Post
The reportedly cost-effective Terabyte flash RAM coming next year will relegate these "new" models to the Goodwill bins.
Hey, lad, do you have any links to news on this? I haven't heard about it but it sounds interesting.

Originally Posted by mike-y View Post
This is not a "next gen" iPod Touch. this is still a 1st gen, just with more memory. If they had added flash support, I'd be tempted, but not for $500 lol.

still need to wait for a 2nd gen touch.
My mistake. No wonder there was no publicity about this. It would just make those who just bought the lower models feel even dumb when they coulda had twice the size for just $100 more.

Ever since I first saw the 770 on sale at techbargains and read reviews on amazon and found out there was a higher model (then the N800), I simply can't imagine ever buying another iPod. It just seems so featureless by comparison.