Since Nokia seems to be dumping the IT business I've been looking around for a good replacement for my N810 and in the process stubbled across this line of Atom-powered MIDs from a Chinese company called "Aigo".

N810 v2?

Just looking at the specs I was very impressed, it seems basically like a super-N810, main improvements are 800Mhz Atom CPU, 3G for data, 3MP camera and most importantly, the ability to run Windows. (and the software library that goes along with that)

The unit's size is only slightly larger than the N800, still totally pocketable:

http://www.sizeasy.com/page/size_com...s-Apple-iPhone

The only real drawbacks I can find are reduced battery life (about 2.5 hours from what I find) and increased price, about $700 new. Although a double capacity battery for ~5 hours is available, which brings it about up to the N810 so that doesn't seem to be a real issue. As best I can tell everything else is either up to par with the N810 or surpasses it.

So anybody have/used one of these? What do you think, good or bad? The price is expensive but if it's really all it says it is, it would definitely be worth it to me.

Posts: 600 | Thanked: 742 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ England
For most of us, the reduced battery life due to the Atom processor would be the killer disadvantage.

Regards,
Roger

Last edited by eiffel; 2009-06-15 at 09:01. Reason: (retracted unsubstantiated comment about Linux drivers)

The Following User Says Thank You to eiffel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 605 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ La Rochelle, France
and I'm not sure that a 800 Mhz Atom processor is a real advantage over the 400Mhz TI OMAP 2420 with Maemo on top ...

The Following User Says Thank You to fredoll For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by CyberCat View Post
The only real drawbacks I can find are reduced battery life (about 2.5 hours from what I find) and increased price, about $700 new. Although a double capacity battery for ~5 hours is available, which brings it about up to the N810 so that doesn't seem to be a real issue. As best I can tell everything else is either up to par with the N810 or surpasses it.
Although the size is not that much larger, the weight is almost double the N810. If you add larger batteries, you could use it for excercises, too Additionally you can't compare battery life directly. You can keep this Aigo thing ON for 2.5-5 hours, while you can WORK on the N810 for ~4hours (while you can keep it ON for days, think instant messengers, mail, irc, etc).

The Following User Says Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post: