Originally Posted by garen View Post
Hey guys, haven't been here in a while since my n900 bricked and I got a Samung Infuse.

Had it for a while and I've accumulated almost 9 pages of apps...
Was wondering if there is any app like Catorize for the n900 for android? Not like making folders in the home screen, like when you click "Applications" from the home screen those folders would come.
All apps organizer does exactly what you describe

https://market.android.com/details?i...OrganizerPlusB

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to railroadmaster For This Useful Post:
Posts: 156 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Los Angeles
Originally Posted by railroadmaster View Post
All apps organizer does exactly what you describe

https://market.android.com/details?i...OrganizerPlusB
Thats similar to what I want but no dice.
I want that list that comes up when you click it's icon to come up when you click "Applications" in the bottom bar. Plus it isn't even close to what i was expecting considering more than half of my apps were in the "Other" section.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to garen For This Useful Post:
Also Apple applied for patent on smartpen type device most likely to compete with the HTC Flyer, HP Slate, and other dual layer touch devices
http://www.engadget.com/2011/07/07/a...king-and-long/
The stylus works by having a conductive point that works through creating heat through having it powered by battery and unlike active digitizers it doesn't require specialized hardware and probably could work with most capacitive touch screens. The second one is a ripoff of the livescribe smartpen accept it doesn't require specialized paper and it wirelessly sends data to an idevice. The idea clearly isn't new but the implementations seems pretty well done. Also knowing that it is an Apple product, Apple will make a big deal about call it revolutionary and make stylus popular again, that is if it makes it to market. So I would be VERY happy to see GOOD (not those crappy capacitive styly like the the pogo type solutions) cost effective solutions for taking notes and drawing with a precise point end.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to railroadmaster For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Thats similar to what I want but no dice.
I want that list that comes up when you click it's icon to come up when you click "Applications" in the bottom bar. Plus it isn't even close to what i was expecting considering more than half of my apps were in the "Other" section.
I wish I could help answer this one, but I have never used (or heard of, to be totally honest) Catorize before. Any links to a demo or explanation of what it does and how it works?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
I wish I could help answer this one, but I have never used (or heard of, to be totally honest) Catorize before. Any links to a demo or explanation of what it does and how it works?
http://maemo.org/downloads/product/Maemo5/catorise/
I'm pretty surprised you haven't heard of it, it really came in handy while my N900 still worked

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to garen For This Useful Post:
http://maemo.org/downloads/product/Maemo5/catorise/
I'm pretty surprised you haven't heard of it, it really came in handy while my N900 still worked
Nope! I don't have an N900 (just a sad old N800) so I suppose I never had a reason to come across it before. Does THIS (or the free version) help? There's also THIS which works a little differently, from the same author.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
I prefer the MIUI ROM.
It basically lays out everything like iOS, and you can create custom folders and drag things inside.
That way you get a very organized and quick way of accessing things, and its easy to do ... but it only works for devices with a stable CyanogenMod build.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
I don't think you guys understand what I'm looking for...
I want it so that when i click the button circled in the image, a menu like the one in catorize comes up.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to garen For This Useful Post:
I don't think you guys understand what I'm looking for...
I want it so that when i click the button circled in the image, a menu like the one in catorize comes up.
Can you show me the Catorize menu you wanted to get?

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
@Garen in All Apps Organizer you can create your own categories and put your apps wherever you like. If you want to have it started through the "applications" icon on your desktop, you can - but with selected launchers.
One of them is Launcher Pro - the one I'm using on my Tab; others work too, you'll see in the program's menu, with the notable exception of touchwiz

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:

Tags
android envy, buzz..buzz buzz, core failure, crapdroid, galaxy fap, galaxy tab, ipad killer, samsung, tab trolls, tablet envy