Notices

Quite good - FM radio never output higher than 15kHz (no matter of speakers), and we don't complain (as long as signal is clear ). Seems, I'm going to make something similar as gift for my parents - although, not in Boss Smiley shape - first of all, it resemble character from one of Neil Gaiman's Sandman episodes, second, it also reminds me Google Eyes - always watching where one click a link

Seriously though, it turned out to be really interesting bastard for low price.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Quite good - FM radio never output higher than 15kHz (no matter of speakers), and we don't complain (as long as signal is clear ). Seems, I'm going to make something similar as gift for my parents - although, not in Boss Smiley shape - first of all, it resemble character from one of Neil Gaiman's Sandman episodes, second, it also reminds me Google Eyes - always watching where one click a link

Seriously though, it turned out to be really interesting bastard for low price.

/Estel
Pretty cheap, the raw parts, 2x speakers & AMP comes to 12$, but word to the wise, DX has no idea on how to package them, and so far i have 2x ruined out of 8x, they come loosely in the normal bobble plastic letter package

UPDATE: Have been using the "smiley" amp for +4 hours today with the laptop, note it has been on low volume, but just measured the battery and can report that there is 80%+ left!!!!

Last edited by dr_frost_dk; 2012-01-04 at 01:26.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Got some new small full range speakers, this time NOT from DX, and they are awesome, now for cabinets i decided to make my own, and a familiar choice of "building material" was used

Connected to the 2x3W AMP (N900 Add-on amp) they really throw out some VERY CLEAR audio, connected to the 2x10W (12V) they really really throw out some awesome sound.
The Bad.... well the supplier (EBAY) does not have any more of them...., but i ordered some other ones from the supplier that has a similar build.

Cabinets are 5x5x5 cm, and the holes are of course are glued shut.
It is a closed cabinet.
Attached Images

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 220 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
I've been working on this amp lately. Unfortunately, it doesn't produce any sound (apart from static), and I've been searching thoroughly for any errors without luck. It's a TDA1554Q 2x22W.

The Following User Says Thank You to 5spdvl For This Useful Post:
i think i made a few amps like that, the best i found back then was one that had 4x55W (4 ohm) but at 2 ohm it was rated at about 110Wx4 (at 16.5-17V), TDA7560, of course the 100W+ is PMAX, but back when i used it in a cheap but POWERFUL BI-AMPED system, used 24DB (4th order) active filters (Also DIY for EXTREME precision)

The 7560 is also MEGA easy to set up, almost no components, and it has a very good audio quality

Posts: 220 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
I'm just building this little guy to boost the signal to my car's head unit (for the aforementioned bluetooth system I built). I'm about to replace a few capacitors and the resistors to see if that makes a difference.

The Following User Says Thank You to 5spdvl For This Useful Post:
@dr_frost_dk
Nice work on those 2 small speakers, but I'm pretty sure, that you would get much better sound quality using actual wood for cabinet. Much better resonance quality, than with any plastic.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Yes there's always a chance, but the fiberglass cabinets are pretty good i must say, they really hold together well even thou they are only glued together with hot glue

Im building a new audio system at home, going back to foolproof bi-amped active filter system.

So im building a new AMP, this time with the TDA7293 since it can take 10+/- Volts more (= MORE WATTS), i have just finished benching a quick one i made with the extra POWER stage using the 2SC5200 & 2SA1943.
And of course this amp is a 4 Channel AMP, Filters will be external.

But i would like to know if any of my fellow maemo user knows a place where i can get circuit boards made (few and cheaply)
Something like the picture attached.

The DEMO amp
Name:  20120203_002.jpg
Views: 2950
Size:  57.2 KB

The circuit board used
Name:  20120203_006.jpg
Views: 3281
Size:  73.0 KB
This circuit board has A LOT of excess component space but it is built for both TDA7294 and TDA7293

Last edited by dr_frost_dk; 2012-02-03 at 21:32.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Finally got around to post my 3+ year old AMP on the official forums, you can find it at http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/chip-...come-also.html if you want to know more.

This is the Home POWER AMP not the 2x3W.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:

Tags
audio, docking station