Originally Posted by ENNINE View Post
Is there any app to see RAM memory?
Yeah, Resource monitor (Rsc monitor).

Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
Pr 1.1 solved for me those kinds of problems. Just hang on there until it's available :-)
Awesome! Tnx

Is this normal?

I think it's using a lot of memory.

I'm on pr1.1, and according to the resource monitor app, when i have nothing open, my phone is using 900mb of RAM. Therefore I only have 100mb free...

Is this normal? Phone seems fine nonetheless

We are on the same boat. It feels normal, but using 90% of RAM with all apps closed is not normal.

We are on the same boat. It feels normal, but using 90% of RAM with all apps closed is not normal.
I can confirm that I am seeing the same thing and I am on PR1.1. I haven't experienced any lag but it is strange considering that 90% of the RAM is utilized without any applications running.

In the same time, Symbian Anna/Belle use just 45% of RAM.

Posts: 245 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Toronto-Canada
Originally Posted by D.Cent View Post
Yes, but I actually don't want to flash - I actually don't even have a Windows computer, so I will wait for OTA.
Loan it from someone for a few minutes - u'd remember & love those minutes later... PR1.1 changes everything! U then have a lovelier N9 experience, including better juice from the same power-pack [I don't know how!].

Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
At least a part of the "used" memory might actually serve as a disk cache that will be flushed once an application needs more memory.

NOTE - What is disk cache: As reading from RAM is faster than reading from persistent storage (still true even for modern solid state drives, as the one used in the N9) the OS might decide the cache data when it gets reading request so that subsequent reading requests are served directly from memory, not from persistent storage. It might even read a bit "around" the files it gets a reading request for. Result examples: Launching an application for the second time should be faster, working with a collection of files should be faster once the first file & surrounding data is cached in RAM.

NOTE - Free RAM: It sensible to use all available RAM, even if there are no applications needing it at the moment - it still needs to be powered, even if not being used at the moment. Caches are good candidate for all this unused RAM as they generally can be easily flushed (they just cache data available from somewhere else for faster access) once the RAM the occupy is actually needed by applications.

Is this normal?
I think it's normal because there is plenty of free RAM memory and low percentage of swap memory is used.

In my case, only 20 MB of RAM is free and swap memory is used in much greater percentage. That makes my phone laggy