I have deleted all my repositories. I have gone to the http://www.gronmayer.com/it/index.ph...&system=maemo4, clicked select all, and installed all the repositories for 2008.

The problem I'm having is that most of the packages that are supposed to be in the repository are gone, although some are still listed. Previously this has worked fine and I have added many packages using repositories added this way. For example, Gnumeric.

I have tried with just one, for example http://repository.maemo.org/ and the same thing happens - only three packages are listed.

I have an N800 and I'm running OS2008 version 2.2007.50-2.

What am I doing wrong?

There isn't anything I can try? I've searched the forums for:

repository issues
repositories not syncing

and many other variations...anything else I should try?

Posts: 643 | Thanked: 628 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Seattle (or thereabouts)
As I've said before (in another thread), selecting all repositories is probably not a good idea. You end up with random repositories which can conflict with each other and cause problems. Try cutting down your repositories to just the ones included on the tablet and "Maemo Extras" then try seeing what packages are available. If that doesn't get you anywhere, post the log up here. (menu > tools > log ...). It's hard for anyone to help without more details.

-John

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
The gronmayer site says that several of the repositories are empty. I don't think it says that because some people have duplicate repositories.

BTW, Johnx, have you tried removing Skype and reinstalling it? Does it work?

I'll post the log, but it I tried adding just one and I received the same response - lots of missing packages. I'll try again later today.

I deleted all the repositories and added just the nokia ones and the maemo extras - still missing most of the packages. Oddly, some still show up, but not others.

The Following User Says Thank You to mloiterman For This Useful Post: