Notices

Closed Thread
So, nice story here, don´t know if someone already said.

I was watching a video on Cutetube, stop the video and go to the main window on Cutetube, then i select copy on a youtube link in a chat (have to be just the link, if have any other word doesn´t work) and automatically search the link on Cutetube.

This was just by luck i guess, but still nice to find.

Greetings.

Last edited by s4br0s0; 2014-11-11 at 02:42.

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by s4br0s0 View Post
....and automatically search the link on Cutetube.
Huh? Cutetube? In the Yappari thread? Likely I missed the link...

The Following User Says Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Elimina o renombra el archivo /home/user/config/scorpius/yappari.conf para que Yappari intente de nuevo el registro.

Originally Posted by handaxe View Post
Huh? Cutetube? In the Yappari thread? Likely I missed the link...
Is a "feature" of Yappari (or Cutetube, who knows), that at least didn´t know exist.

Greetings.

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Rosario, Argentina
Scorpius, gracias por contestar, dónde tengo que buscar en el N900 para encontrar los archivos instalados de Yappari ?

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 967 times | Joined on Apr 2014 @ Madrid, Spain
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
Yup, it's time to move on. Most of us have moved to a different platform.
Hi Scorpius. Thanks a big lot for your work. It's a pity you've decided to discontinue Yappari, but I guess after so long it was something that was destined to happen sooner or later. Thanks for all the time you've spent on this.

Now, I have a couple questions regarding Yappari development. I can download its source code by using apt-get source. However, I don't know if you've published your version control history anywhere. Is it accessible? If it's not, could you make it public somewhere, such as github or whatever you like?

And finally, do you have any other information that could be useful for someone willing to take over future development past 2014? Maybe some docs on the protocol, personal notes... I don't know, whatever you've used during all this time that you could release.

ˇUn fuerte abrazo y gracias de nuevo!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ceene For This Useful Post:
Bug report: Yappari doesn't respect its synchronization setting (Yappari 1.1.50 Build 4807)

Step to reproduce:
Disable address book synchronization.
Set synchronization frequency to "Every successful connection". (Didn't check the other frequency settings.)
Quit Yappari.
Start Yappari.
→ Yappari synchronizes.

Expected behaviour:
Whith address book synchronization disabled, Yappari shouldn't synchronize except when manually asked to do so. Also, as long as synchronization is disabled, it perhaps shouldn't ask for the synchronization frequency, but that's a minor flaw to me.

Originally Posted by paware View Post
Bug report: Yappari doesn't respect its synchronization setting (Yappari 1.1.50 Build 4807)

Step to reproduce:
Disable address book synchronization.
Set synchronization frequency to "Every successful connection". (Didn't check the other frequency settings.)
Quit Yappari.
Start Yappari.
→ Yappari synchronizes.

Expected behaviour:
Whith address book synchronization disabled, Yappari shouldn't synchronize except when manually asked to do so. Also, as long as synchronization is disabled, it perhaps shouldn't ask for the synchronization frequency, but that's a minor flaw to me.
"Every successful connection" doesn't mean "Never".

"Every successful connection" means that every time Yappari connects to WhatsApp servers it will synchronize. That's the worse setting of all.

You can't totally disable synchronization. You can disable address book synchronization, but Yappari still needs to synchronize other stuff, like status of the users in the current open conversations and things like that.

Originally Posted by ceene View Post
Hi Scorpius. Thanks a big lot for your work. It's a pity you've decided to discontinue Yappari, but I guess after so long it was something that was destined to happen sooner or later. Thanks for all the time you've spent on this.

Now, I have a couple questions regarding Yappari development. I can download its source code by using apt-get source. However, I don't know if you've published your version control history anywhere. Is it accessible? If it's not, could you make it public somewhere, such as github or whatever you like?

And finally, do you have any other information that could be useful for someone willing to take over future development past 2014? Maybe some docs on the protocol, personal notes... I don't know, whatever you've used during all this time that you could release.

ˇUn fuerte abrazo y gracias de nuevo!
Sadly to say I never used a control version system like CVS or git or anything so I don't have anything like that. I can't go to previous versions.

All the documentation I have is in the comments in the code. The protocol is pretty well commented, but the GUI parts are not.

Also the trick to develop Yappari is hack into the WhatsApp protocol, which is propietary and obviously not documented. That's the hard part. Coding the findings from hacking WhatsApp into a third-party client can be done by any developer.

Luckily there are other third-party WhatsApp clients that are open source and people could try to port new features into Yappari. The problem is that Yappari is based on an old WhatsApp protocol (WA 1.2), which should be obsolete in any moment now. Updating Yappari to WA 1.4 which is, I think, the current protocol is a lot of work. That's the first step.

Also you have to fight with bans since WhatsApp bans third-party clients. It is very hard to spoof Yappari as an official client. I have never ever heard of anybody being banned by using Yappari, but it's very common in other third-party clients.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Ramboxmen View Post
Scorpius, gracias por contestar, dónde tengo que buscar en el N900 para encontrar los archivos instalados de Yappari ?
Yappari es grande y tiene archivos por todo el filesystem. żQué estás buscando exactamente?

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp