Notices

Please try the following if you can't get a fix:

Edit the file /opt/advancedcaching/simplegui.py (for example on the device using vi and root). Change the line 513 from:
sun_angle = astral.get_sun_azimuth_from_fix(self.gps_data)
to
sun_angle = None
(please double check that the number of spaces in front of the text doesn't change)

The sun indicator should now be missing, but the rest should work. If not, please report any further problems as described above.

If the application doesn't start, there went something wrong while changing the file.

Hi webhamster. Thanks for your continuing support for AGTL - It is great.

I just took the latest version (0.6.1.4-4) out for a spin in my local area, introducing my mum to the world of Geocaching. We struggled a bit as it seems that there's a problem with setting the target GPS co-ordinates now. Neither 'set as target' or 'set as main coordinate' seem to do anything. Clicking on the targets from within the 'charge target' GPS dialog also fails, though typing them in manually is still OK (so we managed to find the caches we were looking for)

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Fairport, NY, USA
This sounds like a great program, I wish there was a Diablo / n810 build of it.

Originally Posted by webhamster View Post
Please try the following if you can't get a fix:
Edit the file /opt/advancedcaching/simplegui.py (for example on the device using vi and root). Change the line 513 from:
sun_angle = astral.get_sun_azimuth_from_fix(self.gps_data)
to
sun_angle = None
(please double check that the number of spaces in front of the text doesn't change)
Did the change. Editing files on a phone in vi is .... special
Now it works ! Thanks for great support.
Have green arrow and distance to geocache.
-Tommy

Originally Posted by tskagemo View Post
Did the change. Editing files on a phone in vi is .... special
Now it works ! Thanks for great support.
Have green arrow and distance to geocache.
-Tommy
Great, I'll make a build with this bug fix soon.

Originally Posted by jwernerny View Post
This sounds like a great program, I wish there was a Diablo / n810 build of it.
As the application is written in pure python, you can try installing the .deb-file directly. You can download it from here.

However, I don't think that Diablo meets all necessary dependencies.

Originally Posted by Fecn View Post
Hi webhamster. Thanks for your continuing support for AGTL - It is great.

I just took the latest version (0.6.1.4-4) out for a spin in my local area, introducing my mum to the world of Geocaching. We struggled a bit as it seems that there's a problem with setting the target GPS co-ordinates now. Neither 'set as target' or 'set as main coordinate' seem to do anything. Clicking on the targets from within the 'charge target' GPS dialog also fails, though typing them in manually is still OK (so we managed to find the caches we were looking for)
I'd like to fix this bug. Can you please follow this instructions to give me a log file?
- Open xterm (press ctrl+shift+x)
- Type python2.5 /opt/advancedcaching/core.py --hildon > MyDocs/debug.log 2>&1
- The application starts. Use it and try to reproduce the error.
- Close the application.

This should create a file "debug.log" which will probably contain useful information for me. So please send it to me, either by posting it here or via e-mail.

Thanks!

Hi Webhamster... Debug log as requested. I started the app, selected a cache, then tried to set the target a few times in a few different ways, and then quit.

Code:
~ $ cat MyDocs/debug.log 
/opt/advancedcaching/simplegui.py:544: DeprecationWarning: integer argument expected, got float
  self.pixmap_arrow.draw_arc(self.xgc_arrow, False, center_x - ecc, center_y - ecc, ecc * 2, ecc * 2, err_start, err_delta)
/opt/advancedcaching/simplegui.py:675: DeprecationWarning: integer argument expected, got float
  self.pixmap, -self.draw_at_x + self.drag_offset_x - self.draw_root_x, -self.draw_at_y + self.drag_offset_y - self.draw_root_y, 0, 0, width, height)
Please install glade if you're NOT on the maemo platform.
+ Using liblocation GPS device
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/advancedcaching/hildongui.py", line 958, in set_alternative_position
    widget_coords.get_selected(0, iter)
TypeError: HildonTouchSelector.get_selected() takes exactly 1 argument (2 given)
TypeError: HildonTouchSelector.get_selected() takes exactly 1 argument (2 given)
  File "/opt/advancedcaching/hildongui.py", line 947, in set_coord_as_target
  File "/opt/advancedcaching/hildongui.py", line 701, in sel_coord
    widget.get_selected(0, iter)
  File "/opt/advancedcaching/hildongui.py", line 701, in sel_coord
    widget.get_selected(0, iter)
~ $

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Switzerland
Hi,

Just to say: I have the same problem as Fecn and others. It's not possible anymore to select a target.

I just downloaded a development snapshot from Github to have a short look at the next version and I have to say it looks very interesting. It's under heavy development as I can see. So many things do not work at this time (f.e. no caches are shown on the map). I'm looking forward for this new release, I hope it's ready soon =)

Thanks a lot for your development, it makes Geocaching much easier with such a great tool!

Regards,
Tobias

Version 0.6.1.5 is in extras-devel, ready for you to check it out!
Fixing:
- fieldnotes uploading
- sun indicator/no fix problem
- coordinate selection problem.