I've not seen hide nor hair of new MeeGo tablet hardware in many months and the hardware that's out there is old and snooze worthy. Anybody with their ear to the ground know what's up?

The Following User Says Thank You to unfuccwittable For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by unfuccwittable View Post
I've not seen hide nor hair of new MeeGo tablet hardware in many months and the hardware that's out there is old and snooze worthy. Anybody with their ear to the ground know what's up?
MeeGo on tablets?? Blatherskite, I say! I'll believe it when I see one in my own hands--or see one in person or at least commonly available enough that many people have seen one in person. MeeGo's tablet ambitions are humbug, at this point.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
IOS & Android rule the market.

Consider this why would anyone risk and base hardware on the platform that has not proved itself, while there is working, established OS like Android, which allows you to shoot out a new product every 6 months?

In order for meego to succeed, it has to provide wildcards that are strong game changers.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to momcilo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 114 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Greece
Is meego even ready for commercial products? Glancing through bugs.meego.com I see quite a of important unresolved bugs. A tablet running meego would need to be noob friendly, so that an average user won't have to go hunting through forums to resolve mysterious bugs while his friend with the iPad just does whatever folks with tablets do.

Better be late and be able to survive as an accomplished if niche OS rather than rush out the gate and mar its name as a buggy, unusable OS suitable only for neckbeards. The bad, geeky, non-friendly name on the street is what killed symbian and also dogged android for quite a long time.

sigh> I know, I know, it sounds a lot like I'm rationalizing and desperately trying to see the silver lining here... It's because, frankly, I'm kind of doing it at this point.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to giorgosmit For This Useful Post:
Y U NO MeeGO?

Originally Posted by kangal View Post
y u no meego?
MeeGO = NO GO, U KNO?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Meego DEAD u no?.

Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Meego DEAD u no?.
Not yet, but anybody want to get the Dremel ready for MeeGo's headstone?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Is it me or does the logo of "Maemo" seem much better than "MeeGo"?
Also sounds a little better?
Also "Maemo" can create better puns;
Maephone, Maepad, MaeTV, MaeTube, MaeDJ, MaeBoard, MaeBooks, Where's MaeDevice?

edit: Dan, I like your sig
wpSEVEN ATE nNINE

Last edited by Kangal; 2011-09-04 at 04:36.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
edit: Dan, I like your sig
wpSEVEN ATE nNINE
I think you're the FIRST person to point that out. Wondered how long that would take. heheh

Tags
meego no-go, new dawn fades, orphaned