Active Topics

Notices

i know there is an app that detects the amount of light (lux?) , but what im talking about this an app that allows you to select your chosen aperture size, and the app gives you the appropriate shutter speed according to the light condition. just like a light meter used for photography.

if i recall correctly, there is some of a similar nature on iphone, so it shouldnt be 'too' unachievable?

thanks for reading, anyone feels they need an app like this too?

and anyone willing develop such app? i believe it would be appreciated by many of the photographers here using mechanical cameras like myself.

thanks in advance.

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by das_schlumpfie View Post
i know there is an app that detects the amount of light (lux?) , but what im talking about this an app that allows you to select your chosen aperture size, and the app gives you the appropriate shutter speed according to the light condition. just like a light meter used for photography.

if i recall correctly, there is some of a similar nature on iphone, so it shouldnt be 'too' unachievable?

thanks for reading, anyone feels they need an app like this too?

and anyone willing develop such app? i believe it would be appreciated by many of the photographers here using mechanical cameras like myself.

thanks in advance.
Can't remember if healthcheck (in devel) reads the lux value or not?
But while that may take a little while to get in there you could use a QueenBee icon on your desktop and make use this command

Code:
cat /sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-2/2-0029/lux
(That will just read the lux value as a number)
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
hi, yea well actually there an app called lux i think , that does exactly what you desribed about queenbee.

but if theres an app that allows user to put in their aperture size and gives the appropriate shutter speed,and vice versa , that would be amazing.

Originally Posted by das_schlumpfie View Post
hi, yea well actually there an app called lux i think , that does exactly what you desribed about queenbee.

but if theres an app that allows user to put in their aperture size and gives the appropriate shutter speed,and vice versa , that would be amazing.
is there a calculation - or formulae that will give the correct answer? (I mean on the net etc) - sounds quite simple.
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

hi, is there@@ i will search later.

If you input the command that noobmonkey provided in queen beecon or command execustion widget, you get a lux value you then can convert to shutter speed and aperture settings here: http://www.exposurecalc.mobi/ (uses a simple javascript so you should be able to save the page locally)

should work well enough in absence of a real application

hi, thanks for your reply, i didnt understand what you said about saving it locally, can you explain in further details>?

thanks

If you visit a page in the browser you can save the page your viewing by opening the browser menu and choose "save page as" and save the page at your preferred location. Afterwards you can open the page from your filebrowser and put a bookmark on your desktop for easy access.

Posts: 128 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ New Jersey, USA
Wow, this seems simple enough to do, I would add it to Ansel-A, If I thought it was appropriate, but since it's not; maybe I'll just make it into an application. It's actually something I've always wanted to own.

The Following User Says Thank You to lostinmirkwood For This Useful Post:
hehe i agree lostinmirkwood - it does seem like a 10 minute piece of work (With a few days for packaging etc hehehe!)

I still think the website and / or a script via queen bee might be a good idea (The second probably working just as the user wishes)

The Following User Says Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post: