I wonder if its possible to see what application is using the most battery power by counting how much processor cycle and disk I/O to determine the amount of power each application (including the sub process) is using?

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Well, apps like conky and htop, or typing top in terminal will give you a list of what is sucking your processor, and therefore battery...
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 141 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Ahmedabad, India
Originally Posted by shigerugo View Post
I wonder if its possible to see what application is using the most battery power by counting how much processor cycle and disk I/O to determine the amount of power each application (including the sub process) is using?
you can go into xterminal and type in "top" command. that would give you somewhat info your looking to

Originally Posted by shigerugo View Post
i wonder if its possible to see what application is using the most battery power by counting how much processor cycle and disk i/o to determine the amount of power each application (including the sub process) is using?
powertop

-_-

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
i tried conkey and top / htop

but those are only CPU usage, i don't think the info also include the power usage on disk I/O. it would be nice if for instance in the conkey or top i can end the process directly by tabbing on the N900 screen, to make things easier to use.

Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
powertop

-_-
let me try powertop

I do not think is is very user friendly.