Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Hmm, the idea of supporting both blacklist and whitelist would be good idea an IMHO not very difficult to implement.

This is how is could work:
Both whitlist and blacklist will be supported. But there will be only one of those in transisition.ini. (The other one would be commented out). So, if someone has the line saying
Code:
blacklist=xxx yyy zzz
#whitelist = aaa bbb ccc
then the apps in the list will be blacklisted. And viceversa

However, if some doofus of a user has both enabled, then hildon could revert to a default of accepting only whitelist and ignoring the blacklist.

I think this way both camps can be satisfied. Opinions...?

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
Originally Posted by hxka View Post
pusak gaoq, did you even try to read my post?
Code:
ls /usr/share/applications/hildon | wc -l
So i need to add ~100 apps to blacklist. But only one to whitelist.

Or one list acting as whitelst or blacklist depends on forced rotation enabling.
yes i did read your post....i understand you only want one apps/program to force rotate (whitelist)...that is on your device only but what about other people???
they might want 2-3 apps/program to be blacklist so does this mean that they have to add ~ 100 apps/program to whitelist aswell???

blacklist & whitelist are almost the same...the best that i can think to have both is add include & exclude apps/program in force rotation option in CSSU features or CSSU tuner where....

include = enable force rotate
exclude = disable force rotate

you can add apps/program in the include & exclude list inside CSSU features or CSSU tuner without having to manually edit it using x-term/leafpad or etc....this is the same way as blacklist & whitelist but more simple & maybe safe....

The Following User Says Thank You to pusak gaoq For This Useful Post:
Posts: 220 | Thanked: 1,260 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Poland
Originally Posted by hxka View Post
Or one list acting as whitelst or blacklist depends on forced rotation enabling.
That's what we are aiming for :-).

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to arcean For This Useful Post:
how can I block the game maemoblock through the blacklist?

Thanks!!

Why is this not part of CSSU?

I have not CSSU!!!

Posts: 220 | Thanked: 1,260 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Poland
The latest version of the hildon-desktop package is available in today's CSSU update :-).

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to arcean For This Useful Post:
Posts: 235 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Costa Rica
Originally Posted by arcean View Post
The latest version of the hildon-desktop package is available in today's CSSU update :-).
I've just upgraded and everything went just fine. CSSU "updated" hildon-desktop portrait mode perfectly.

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lima-Peru
Yeahhhh !! thank You !!

Have my N900 since 2010 and still is my main phone!

I'm Making money viewing Ads Here Now making money to donate to the forum

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 783 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ France
Hi arcean,

I'm the one asking for the option 'desktop_orientation_lock' this night on IRC after cssu update with your 'hildon-desktop' auto-rotate function.

Well, fetched the git, builded a package with version set to '2.2.142-15' to avoid repository overlap.

Installed it, applied the new gconf key (gconftool-2 --type=bool --set "/apps/osso/hildon-desktop/desktop_orientation_lock" "true"), then REBOOTED the device !!!

Tested, ok for the desktop not more rotating, all things goes well, keep u the good work !!!

A++

Last edited by colin.stephane; 2011-09-07 at 11:48. Reason: It work properly, so, changed to reflect the truth ;-)

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to colin.stephane For This Useful Post: