Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Cutespot does not play sound after upgrade :/ Anyone seen this issue on FP2 or other phones with latest SFOS?

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Cutespot does not play sound after upgrade :/ Anyone seen this issue on FP2 or other phones with latest SFOS?
abranson reported similar on the Cutespotify thread:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=91892

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
I have noticed that phone is often hotter after upgrade and draining battery faster :/

Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
My battery life seems about the same but I quite often get OOM killings, where I didn't get them before.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 592 | Thanked: 1,603 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Berlin / Germany
Can confirm 2.0.5.x was less OOM agressive

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to explit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Originally Posted by explit View Post
Can confirm 2.0.5.x was less OOM agressive
This is starting to become a problem for me now (assuming it's the same problem...)

Apps often won't start (on launching, the app does the loading spin for a while and then the app cover greys out) and other apps are being force closed.

Not sure if it's OOM being over-aggressive, or if there's a memory leak somewhere else...any ideas?

Messages seems to be particularly problematic for me, even when it does start it takes ages to load (probably due to lots of conversations/messages).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
Still have problem with battery drain. At night it eats around 89% of the battery no apps used. However I always turn of WiFi router at night so the phone probably will switch to mobile network even if no traffic.

ssh is turned off. But I noticed that I accidently has set the phone to 4G instead of 3G could be the case... That mode has not woked before.

But still there should not be any traffic ongoing at night on my phone. I dont see why the freak it try to connect to the mobile provider if nothing happens. Or maybe the qualcom modem sending stuff to MrTrump och Putin who knows this days...

Lets see if it holds better tonight with 3G only. Next thing is to turn off modem network but that fills like epic fail. A phone should take care of such stuff itself.

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2017-03-17 at 18:48.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Mobile network is a massive battery drain on Jolla 1 too, so it is clearly a Sailfish problem and not Fairphone. I get a 12% drop on my one-hour drive to work, followed by another about 12% drop for the 8 hours I spend at work when the phone is on WiFi. So mobile network eats about 8x as much. You are doing your phone a disservice by switching off your router. If you want to do that, switch your phone to airoplane mode.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Hmm is this a kernel/ qualcom gobidriver issue? Isn't SFOS use same Linux version as andorid on Fairphone?

Or is this a problem higher up in the stack such as libophono because if that's the case it really should be fixed.

draining battery is not okey. I could understand the problem if it is qualcom modem issue since those drivers is closed but if it's SFOS itself they should fix it.

I would mind send a bugreport but I prefer have a way point where to start seek for the leakage

Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Mobile network is a massive battery drain on Jolla 1 too, so it is clearly a Sailfish problem and not Fairphone. I get a 12% drop on my one-hour drive to work, followed by another about 12% drop for the 8 hours I spend at work when the phone is on WiFi. So mobile network eats about 8x as much. You are doing your phone a disservice by switching off your router. If you want to do that, switch your phone to airoplane mode.
Similar behaviour on Nexus 5. I am using conservative governor and switch of bluetooth when not needed as of a bug which improves battery life in general but the battery draining when using mobile network is apparent when comparing to wifi.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post:

Tags
fairphone, fairphone 2, sailfish os