Posts: 288 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London
I may move back to a QWERTY Symbian phone. The N900 and Maemo has great potential but Nokia dont seem to care. Hopefully they will fix issues by 1.2 but I guess Symbian is their priority for now.

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New York City
Originally Posted by Enyibinakata View Post
I may move back to a QWERTY Symbian phone. The N900 and Maemo has great potential but Nokia dont seem to care. Hopefully they will fix issues by 1.2 but I guess Symbian is their priority for now.
I know and I really don't know why . . . Nokia please move on . . . Symbian is the past . . . Maemo . . . Meego . . . Real Computer Based Smart Phones are the future . . . If the N900 would have came out on T-Mobile it would have been a big hit . . . Make some more linux phones . . . and get them on Major Carriers . . . look at android . . . they have devices on every major US carrier now . . . cheap, not so cheap, and expensive . . . cdma . . . gsm . . . pretty much any type of phone you are looking for theirs a droid for that . . . you have to move faster and look to the future Nokia . . . because right now your are moving slowly and *** backwards . . . and in these super fast mobile computing times you will be leave behind . . .

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New York City
Originally Posted by nMIK-3 View Post
HTC Evo looks pretty awesome. I am following the device very closely since the announcement and hoping for a GSM/WCDMA version as soon as possible. (I am allergic to both CDMA and Sprint) I am not even discussing the 4G Sprint propaganda as WiMAX has nothing to do with 4G.
What is the difference?

WiMAX isn't 4G???

Isn't 4G simply referring to speed and WiMAX is the technology that delivers it ??

WiMAX is to LDE what GSM is to CDMA???

Right????

Originally Posted by mrebanza View Post
I know and I really don't know why . . . Nokia please move on . . . Symbian is the past . . . Maemo . . . Meego . . . Real Computer Based Smart Phones are the future . . . If the N900 would have came out on T-Mobile it would have been a big hit . . . Make some more linux phones . . . and get them on Major Carriers . . . look at android . . . they have devices on every major US carrier now . . . cheap, not so cheap, and expensive . . . cdma . . . gsm . . . pretty much any type of phone you are looking for theirs a droid for that . . . you have to move faster and look to the future Nokia . . . because right now your are moving slowly and *** backwards . . . and in these super fast mobile computing times you will be leave behind . . .
i think the US carrier system is to blame not nokia

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
Originally Posted by febb View Post
Well, I already did:

I just got my N900 "AND" my Nexus One. Just explained in a post on another thread in here why I love and hate very specific stuff of each one but, together, as companion devices its great.

Anyway, up until a few weeks ago, I already carried two pieces of machinery: I had a N810 which I tethered to my old Nokia E71 for Internet access through the cell phone.

Now, it's pretty much the same: my N900 being tethered to my Nexus One (which is my current cell phone, as it does 3G over here, the N900 doesn't)...

Having the two gadgets used jointly has proven to be quite useful...kind of the best of both worlds: Maemo and Android.

My 2 cents. Best regards.
Agreed! I have the Incredible and N900. The combination of both is a near perfect combination

Both have their own faults, but opposing strengths to offset the faults.

I don't own a smart phone yet, I am holding out for meego. hope it will have (from what I have read on these boards)

1) 4 inches or better screen -- if these are in fact little computers first phones second (I keep hearing that) they should have larger screens

2) super amoled -- same as above, from what I understand amoled is horrible outside but super amoled is .... super. so no squinting outside

3) better battery life

4) 4 row keyboard

5) development of apps on an ongoing basis, so shucks like me don't have to hear how we should be real men and code out own apps for the hardware

I really think that phone could in fact take on the iphone/android.

I won't be moving from my N900 any time soon but I'm thinking of getting a SE X10 mini pro. it seems to be a great small phone that I can have as a second device.

But when I truly replace my beautiful Nina (my N900) it will be for something with a bigger screen, qwerty, large memory, better camera and with meego or android.

Originally Posted by mrebanza View Post
What is the difference?

WiMAX isn't 4G???

Isn't 4G simply referring to speed and WiMAX is the technology that delivers it ??

WiMAX is to LDE what GSM is to CDMA???

Right????
WiMAX is WiMAX as WiFi is WiFi. Nothing more. WiMAX is WiFi technology with huge coverage and little faster speed.

LTE is a complete cellular technology and is the only 4G protocol out there. (LTE/4G is not ready yet for commercial use and its certificate still penting but it is already available in Sweden)

WiMAX is the first ever WiFi technology that gets "G" certificate and it is officially certificated as 3G technology.

Second the current 3G networks for example T-Mobiles USA 20+Mbps network is by far faster of Sprint's WiMAx network.

In the rest of the world like India were they use WiMAX they call WiMAX as WiMAX as they call WiFi, Wifi.

So in summary WiMAX is officially certificated as 3G and the curent 3G technologies are faster from it. 4G and WiMAX only exist in the imagination and the false advertising propaganda of Sprint

Originally Posted by nMIK-3 View Post
HTC Evo looks pretty awesome. I am following the device very closely since the announcement and hoping for a GSM/WCDMA version as soon as possible. (I am allergic to both CDMA and Sprint) I am not even discussing the 4G Sprint propaganda as WiMAX has nothing to do with 4G.

Android itself is making HUGE progress month by month, update by update and the Android Market is getting thousands of new apps in weekly bases, we are talking about some heavy duty stuff from the developer point of view. In the other hand I am also allergic to the HTC Sense UI and I hope a disable option is available. Besides the GSM version of Evo I also want to see what the Nexus Two will look like. Nexus One is facing some serious hardware issues including 3G connectivity problems and multitouch problems so I am curious to see how they will address those in the next version.

Meanwhile I also following very closely the MeeGo development but judging from the recent history of how Nokia is handling their high-end devices the last two years, I wouldn't bet my money on them for instant success or at least not yet.
I'm not sure there will be a Nexus Two (from Google at least), from the looks of it it seems Google decided they don't want to be in the hardware business after the hardware problems that they aren't fixing and the customer support issues. Although they might use it as a brand for the GSM variants (kinda like the Droid series for Verizon).

As for Meego, the strength of Meego (and the limitation it addresses from the Maemo platform) is the Meego device you get, may not be from Nokia. . If done right it has the same potential as Android (several manufacturers making devices that run Meego).

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
I'm not sure there will be a Nexus Two (from Google at least), from the looks of it it seems Google decided they don't want to be in the hardware business after the hardware problems that they aren't fixing and the customer support issues. Although they might use it as a brand for the GSM variants (kinda like the Droid series for Verizon).

As for Meego, the strength of Meego (and the limitation it addresses from the Maemo platform) is the Meego device you get, may not be from Nokia. . If done right it has the same potential as Android (several manufacturers making devices that run Meego).
Yes you are right in both points. Regarding Nexus Two we have nothing more than rumors. Time will tell next Android checkpoint is May 19 when Android 2.2 aka Froyo will be announce.

For MeeGo time will tell as well. Is not a secret that Android is taking the world by storm right now with all manufactures, customers and providers being EXTREMELY satisfied with it. Developers are loving it and is already being in other devices beside phones, already is on tablets and it will be on TVs soon. Is almost 100% that Sony will announce their new relationship with Google on May 19. They will announce a Bravia TV with Android OS and Intel processor.

These are realities that Nokia needs to address from day one. If they are not deliver they will fail (at least in high end devices). It doesn't get simpler than that.