Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
@Kabouik, yes video playback seems flawless. I mainly use Leszeks player but even in Jolla Browser i got 1080p vids running. Why are you asking?
That's a good news in general, but a bad news for me because it does not work and I have no idea where the issue is if it works for both of you. Anyone knows which packages might be related to this? gstreamer is installed on my Pro¹.

Originally Posted by Wasmachinemann-NL View Post
Notes app and is there a music player like Rockbox/Audipo?
I partly replied when you asked in the Leste thread, and I agree with Mosen, notizen.md is very flexible if you know Markdown, but there are simpler alternatives. You won't have desktop widgets as you have with Maemo 5, but some of these apps show extracts of those notes on the cover, so it is kind of the same as long as the app is started.

For Music, QuasarMX is nice indeed, extremely comprehensive features and well thought UI. I also like simpler players with folder support, like Deadbeef Silica, Unplayer, etc., but QuasarMX is by far the most advanced.

In any case, if you hate Android, you don't risk much trying Sailfish. You can just reset the Pro¹ to factory state (Android) if you don't like it or want to sell your device. At worse, you'll finally have had the opportunity to try SFOS. Beware though that the keyboard layout is rough around the edges if you have a qwerty version, and unusable at the moment if you have qwertz.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2019-12-22 at 13:25.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
Originally Posted by Wasmachinemann-NL View Post
Notes app and is there a music player like Rockbox/Audipo?
I do find it interesting that you would rather have a device running an OS you clearly hate, than run an OS that you would seem to find more tolerable sans a music player and note app that fits your very specific needs.

If I was in your place I would just run sailfish with Ubu running Rockbox and a note app maybe that syncs. At least you can learn/try sailfish.

Anyway glade you n900 is still working

x

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:
Note that the pro version of QuasarMX (enabled with a login in the free app) adds an equalizer, mixer, enhancer and playlists (no pitch setting though, but many sound adjustments possible). I just realized the UI supports keyboard navigatioin (arrows, Ctrl+L to select the search field, etc.).

@Mosen, Fellfrosch, actually I cannot play Twitter videos in Piepmatz and Sailfish Browser, but realized I can play Youtube videos in Sailfish browser. Not in LLSVideoplayer, Microtube. or LLSVideoplayer, Media Player and Pico Player will also fail on local files. Kodi plays local files.

It's more complicated than I thought.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2019-12-22 at 03:52.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
It's more complicated than I thought.
It just came to my mind that chen(?) advised to run the Pro1 with android and test all features before flashing a different OS. Was that only to rule out hardware faults or is there something happening to prepare the device?

Just asking since that is the only obvious difference between your Pro1, Fellfroschs and mine.
I recon you flashed sailfish as soon as you got the device?

Edit, i need to advertise the nicest feature the sfos port brought me back after abandoning the Jolla C years ago.
Quite reliable double tap to wake up. \o/
What a relief, thanks so much @TheKit

I had one instance tho where the touchscreen was unresponsive and a reboot was needed. Will test if a soft lipstick restart solves it if it happens next time.

Oh yeah, and i am working on QWERTZ mapping.
Got it 90% last night until i fell asleep.
Hope to release a change based on TheKits advice to alter /usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/fxtec_vndr/pro1 later this day.

EDIT2
Has any of you ninjas an idea how to sniff raw key codes in sfos? I have all but one key correctly assigned which i absolutely can not identify only by comparing different layout files and crosschecking on device like i did for all other keys.
On dektops distributions i know xev and showkey do the job.

Last edited by mosen; 2019-12-22 at 11:41.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Oh yeah, and i am working on QWERTZ mapping.
Got it 90% last night until i fell asleep.
Hope to release a change based on TheKits advice to alter /usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/fxtec_vndr/pro1 later this day
That sounds brilliant. So I will reflash, to make SIM Card work again. All important things should than work and i can start to install all needed and set up my accounts to make the Pro1 my main device...

\0/

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
\0/
Finally, i am useful

I need to stop for the morning so here is what i have to adjust QWERTZ.
Only the key to the left from delete (+*) is unidentified and somehow spits äÄ and # on ALT modifier. Thats why i asked for some key code sniffing method on sfos. That would also help with the yellow arrow modifier i guess.
This yellow modifier level is not working and needs deeper looks from a porter. The modifier to reach 3rd level is currently ALT only. (fingercrampingalert)

1. devel-su
2. nano /usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/fxtec_vndr/pro1
3. empty it and copy+paste this draft into.
(EDIT updated @12:54 utc to include the | on ALT y)
(EDIT 2 updated @ 13:49 utc, all keys fixed, calling it beta now )
4. ctrl+o to save in nano
5. ctrl+x to exit nano
6. dconf write /desktop/lipstick-jolla-home/model \"fxtecpro1\"
7. dconf write /desktop/lipstick-jolla-home/layout \"de\"
8. systemctl --user restart lipstick

Alpha Beta state!
Some items like # (numbersign?) are set in the config and asigned to correct key but not working. I guess i need to check the names to fit with xkbd conventions
Please Fellfrosch tell me if it works and if you like to have changes. This is a quick assumption regarding the unlabled keys.
Will go back to it this evening.

Last edited by mosen; 2019-12-22 at 13:57.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
Ubu chroot on Pro¹ running SFOS:

https://reho.st/self/e04bbeee8347952...bac86fc1cb.jpg
https://reho.st/self/fe5066892fa3e0b...8dd63df048.jpg
https://reho.st/self/c3de3e8c02d5870...422d2609d0.jpg

Thanks a lot to Preflex and TheKit for making this possible!
Hi. Nice! Does sound work ok when you chroot Ubuntu?
Did you try chrooting Ubuntu on Android as well?
Thanks and glad progress on this front!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Finally, i am useful

I need to stop for the morning so here is what i have to adjust QWERTZ.
Only the key to the left from delete (+*) is unidentified and somehow spits äÄ and # on ALT modifier. Thats why i asked for some key code sniffing method on sfos. That would also help with the yellow arrow modifier i guess.
This yellow modifier level is not working and needs deeper looks from a porter. The modifier to reach 3rd level is currently ALT only. (fingercrampingalert)

1. devel-su
2. nano /usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/fxtec_vndr/pro1
3. empty it and copy+paste this draft into. (EDIT updated @12:54 utc to include the | on ALT y)
4. ctrl+o to save in nano
5. ctrl+x to exit nano
6. dconf write /desktop/lipstick-jolla-home/model \"fxtecpro1\"
7. dconf write /desktop/lipstick-jolla-home/layout \"de\"
8. systemctl --user restart lipstick

Alpha state!
Some items like # (numbersign?) are set in the config and asigned to correct key but not working. I guess i need to check the names to fit with xkbd conventions
Will go back to it this evening.
Since this is the same workaround as mine for qwerty, I think you should post it in the corresponding Github issue (you can reuse the same formatting) for later reference. That way we will have both qwerty and qwertz temporary workarounds in the same place.

The issue with the yellow arrow is its keycode is beyond the 255 limit for xkb I think, if I understood correcty what TheKit reported. Might need some kernel black magic. Same for sticky keys, but that would save some thumbs cramps.

We need dead keys too for international users. They work with my layout in Ubu chroot, so I guess it's a SFOS limitation. I opened an issue on TJC to ask.

Regarding my video issues, I did use Android for a few hours, but I do not remember if I played videos. However Youtube videos work in Sailfish browser and Kodi and Ubu chroot, but not Twitter videos in Sailfish browser, nor any videos in Microtube, LLSVideoPlayer, Pico Player and Meda Player. Can any of you confirm these apps work correctly for you?

Last edited by Kabouik; 2019-12-22 at 13:30.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Hi. Nice! Does sound work ok when you chroot Ubuntu?
Did you try chrooting Ubuntu on Android as well?
Thanks and glad progress on this front!
Sound works (even when Ubu chroot is minimized) after you follow corresponding instructions in the readme. I did not try Android, but TheKit said that performance would likely be better on SFOS thanks to XWayland. I can confirm performance is good. I think battery drains significantly faster when I keep Ubu chromium-browser open though; needs more testing.

Having a real desktop browser 100% compatible with everything feels really nice by the way, no more mobile limitations. Keyboard shortcuts like Ctrl+L, Ctrl+T and Ctrl+R work. Extensions, possibility to zoom in or out, web apps... Awesome.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2019-12-22 at 14:32.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit