Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
My vote goes to #5 briest. Hoping this movement is in peaceful (e)motion for good and reasonable things!
I love the colors. Usually you only get this with filters or heavy post image processing.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
#6: Maemish I ireally love the light

But it was a hard choice. #1: netman was a serious contender but the pincushion effect and the beer can on the railing spoiled it ever so slightly.
Other contenders were:
#4: Fellfrosch - A good shot, if only a bit too dark and the white of the house slightly to the left of the centre bottom takes too much of the frame.
#5: briest - If the movement is what I think it is, then I would support it wholeheartedly, but alas the photo iteslf was not all that remarkable - other than the eerie blue colour.
#7: Bundyo - Lovely, peaceful location caught at a good moment, with the flying bug. You could have also mentioned the movement of the couple(?) in the rowing boat in the background. I would have preferred it not as a panorama, though.
#8: robthebold - I love the colours and the shadows of the low lying sun, but please, if you are taking a picture where people are the centre of attention, only seeing the back of all of them is kinda distracting. Just some of them looks like capturing a moment; all of them looks like you went out of your way to only show their backs. I understand the urge to protect their privacy but there are ways. For example, make them appear like they are there merely by accident, like the rowers in Bundyo's shot. You could achieve that for example by taking the picture when they are just rounding the corner.
#9: mosen - Another serious contender due to the mood of the picture rather than the picture quality, although the quality is good, too. I would have preferred if you aimed the camera a notch higher, to reduce the amount of ground in the foreground and expose the top of the tree in the background.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Gotta be #6: Maemish

The sunset, the color, the light on the spade handle and the shadows in the furrows. I think the presence of tools implies motion enough for me. Well done.

Nice pics, everybody.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Posts: 362 | Thanked: 1,373 times | Joined on Nov 2015 @ Sweden
I vote #6: Maemish to, even though the motion is as bad as mine.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to eson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 90 | Thanked: 580 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Belgium
The one that keeps catching my eye scrolling past the photos a few times is #3 catbus, so that's my vote .

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to netman For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
For me it is #3 catbus.
Instantly takes me away and reminds that fall weather is not uniform even in europe
From photographic quality i would have chosen maemish or robthebold.

@Pichlo, thx for the nice words.
I attempted to keep the black shadow line below the trees centered. Ideal would have been if i had 1 meter more space to move back. But i was rubbing a wall already. A wider camera objective wold have helped to not cut off the trees and lamp on the right.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
#7 Bundyo. I started to seach the fly he mentioned and was inside that picture for so long that it became real to me. The two boats, one black and one white, were not the motion for me. If you zoom in the top of the picture in the middle there is a whiter short line in the water which in my eyes seems like the rings in water done by a fish. And when the under the surface part of the lake becomes real, then the picture is filled with motion.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
My vote goes... #2 eson

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
#7 Bundyo. I started to seach the fly he mentioned and was inside that picture for so long that it became real to me.
Did you find it?

Name:  Bug1.png
Views: 242
Size:  539.6 KB

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Did you find it?

Attachment 41332
I never found it, myself, but I also couldn't find my glasses.

Would be even cooler if the fly showed up more than once in the panorama, like the same kid on both ends of the high school class portrait.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:

Tags
camera phone, competition